Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Council Services Local Democracy & Politics (2,230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it a good thing to have a cabinet member in your ward?

Alan Stanton mentioned in this post that councillors actually don't have much power. They appear to act more as an advocate for their const…

Started by John McMullan

5 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Adam

First New Media Local Elections?

This Tuesday some names in journalism led a debate at the City University on whether the forthcoming general election is about to be the UK…

Started by Hugh

76 Mar 28, 2010
Reply by Chris Ford

Dear Hornsey Journal, Haringey Advertiser et al

In this Guardian article they correctly attribute the source of some information to a blog and allow readers to click through to the blog.H…

Started by John McMullan

1 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by matt

Harringay / St Ann's/ Seven Sisters Councillor/Party websites

Just popped  up in my google alerts is this brand new website from Harringay Liberal DemocratsHarringay Liberal DemocratsPlease let me know…

Started by Liz

9 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by pamish

Lib Dem 'no show' keeps Haringey Labour in power at Town Hall

The Lib Dems are always on about Haringey Council politically being on a 'knife edge'. At Full Council on Monday night (22/03), three Labou…

Started by Justin Hinchcliffe

4 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Malcolm

Write your own election pledges (or play fantasy campaign literature)

While we eagerly await the election pledges of the local parties, lets close our eyes for a moment and imagine what that piece of election…

Started by Liz

4 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by John D

Consultation in Plain English with a place to talk- A model from Brum

Birmimgham city council have a Big City Plan but their portal for consultation shares many characteristics with Haringey's. As local blogge…

Started by Liz

7 Mar 22, 2010
Reply by Alan Stanton

With the Vernal Equinox, are these the First Cuckoos of a Spring Election?

It seems Wightman Road saw a small invasion of exotic avians this morning. Are these the harbingers of our quadrennial migration?   Only a…

Started by Old-Age-Emporium(OAE)

1 Mar 21, 2010
Reply by matt

New Local Powers?

Set off digging around for stuff after Alison P's post just now on betting shops, I've caught up with what's happening with the Sustainable…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 20, 2010
Reply by Sapphireblue

Shaping the Area Assembly Meetings in 2010

As a result of previous discussions on this site, I wrote to Gina Adamou, the Chair of our area assembly, to ask some questions about the w…

Started by Hugh

31 Mar 19, 2010
Reply by Hugh

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service