Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Community News, Issues, Chat & Information (8,512)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Odd Thing I just noticed on a 19th Century map of the area

The land now occupied by the Civic Centre was through the last half of the nineteenth century (and perhaps earlier) occupied by the Fishmon…

Started by Hugh

6 Jul 3, 2008
Reply by Hugh

Haringey Sponsors "Views of Stroud Green" Booklet. Would we want one for Harringay?

This booklet has led to some discussion over on the Stroud Green Residents' Association Yahoo Group. Would we want one for Harringay? For…

Started by Hugh

10 Jul 3, 2008
Reply by matt

Cooking up for the Ladder Summer Fete

Start chopping chillies for the curry, popping the pasta in the pan, simmering the (goat?) stew, baking those brownies...entry to the ladde…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 3, 2008

Volunteers needed to set up and clear away for the Party in the Park 13th July

It's all coming together and looks like it is going to be a good one. If you can be at the Open Space in Falkland/Fairfax at about 10 of th…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 2, 2008

"Car Free Day in Wood Green"

Great, but remember the permanent ideas proposed in the Wood Green Town Plan. Sounds to me like this is a softening / preparatory exercise.…

Started by Hugh

2 Jul 2, 2008
Reply by matt

Congratulations To Gardens Residents

Their community garden has just been awarded the Green Pennant Award for the third year in a row,

Started by Hugh

1 Jul 1, 2008
Reply by Hugh

The fetes worse than death - ''I said I'd decorate some plain buns from Tesco. You could have heard a pin drop''.

Read The fetes worse than death . T'is the season of the summer fete/fair, but beware, it's competitive out there!

Started by matt

1 Jul 1, 2008
Reply by Margaret Fowler

Get to that Fete Today - Support your local school and add 30% to the value of your house........

Get to that fete today - Click here for more.

Started by Hugh

11 Jul 1, 2008
Reply by DavidJ

Traffic Petition Hits the Local Wires

This from the Haringey Independent (With apologies to Paul Jenkins of Wightman Road, N4 Residents' Association - Paul, I did make it clear…

Started by Hugh

1 Jun 29, 2008
Reply by BBU

Is it any wonder people fly tip?

Ever wanted to get rid of old paint pots or insecticides or other hazardous wastes in Harringey? Well, here's the procedure (nicked straigh…

Started by Stuart

5 Jun 29, 2008
Reply by Maddy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service