Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just came across these folks. Anyone passionate enough about local archiecture and planning to consider forming a local group?

Civic Trust Home Page

Tags for Forum Posts: civic trust, local ideas, visual character

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said! - alors, some planning from us then. I think John Mc referred to it in another post as a Blueprint for Harringay.
Yes, well said Liz. Something to talk about Tuesday. :)
Back on my Green Lanes architecture/visuyal character/preservation hobby horse.

This article just got posted on Haringey Council's website about regeneration work done it Tottenham. Now it may well be that Tottenham is eliegible for funding that we in Harringay can't access. But, giving the Grand Ole Dame that is Harringay a bit of a leg-up is still on my agenda and I'm keen to see a focus on the buildings included as part of the local charter. No doubt a Civic Trust for Harringay would help, as it no doubt did in Tottenham, but it would take someone with the time and energy to co-ordinate.
The Windsor Parade project is very commendable and it's great that Tottenham isn't allowed to fall to pieces.. BUT IMO Grand Parade is much more important than Windsor Parade ever was.
The photos of WP do prove my point: A start must be made on the 'free for all' WINDOW FRAMES situation in Harringay....
BTW.. I think Civic Trust sounds a too stuffy, sort of, tweed suits and wool stockings! I'd be much happier if 'Harringay Neighbourhood Trust' was used. Any thoughts..??
I wish I could be more involved in this...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service