Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

(If none please can you give your general area as it seems N15 is way better than N8 / N4)

For me 2 posted at the end of Nov.

Tags for Forum Posts: post, royal mail

Views: 4609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had one more delivered that was sent from New zealand. My last missing parcel was sent 'signed for 48 hours' and I think those are the ones that are more time-consuming to process so I don't hold up much hope!

1, N4

I have two from mid December that haven't arrived yet but I know that staff numbers are lower than usual and expect them to turn up eventually.

We're N8. We have about 6 outstanding, all ordered early Dec from Ebay and Etsy. 

Hoping they will turn up eventually too. 

At least two missing, posted early Dec - n8. 

Update from me: 5 parcels arrived today including these two that were classed as missing by the retailers who sent them. 

So seems like they're finally getting through the bulk for N8. 

at least 6 - I am in N8. Earliest was supposed to arrive around Dec 11.

I was told that because there aren't enough staff to sort the mail, some items from earlier are at the back of the shelf and newer items are then being picked up first. It's pretty sure that everything will be delivered eventually. We just have to be patient under the circumstances.

absolutely! I have every sympathy for them being flat out and understaffed. But some communication from higher ups would help. Even if it was you will only get mail every 2 weeks on X day.

Yes, there ought to be a statement from top management to the public. All my info comes from the poor, overworked regular staff. My local postie has even been going out on Sundays to try to make a bit of an impact on the backlog. But I think the problem is that some sorting offices are way more understaffed than others. The Tufnell Park office which serves Crouch End and Hornsey (since the one near Hornsey Station was closed and sold off) seems to be a lot worse than many other sorting offices, for instance. In some parts of the country there is even less of a problem.

It's unfair that management leave the posties to deal with the flack and backlog. I think you are spot on on sorting offices - this happened in the first lockdown. It will (hopefully) all turn up eventually!

Yes, during April-May I waited six weeks or more for some items that I was expecting. They all turned up eventually though. On one day six items arrived at once, some of them originally posted at dates more than a month apart.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service