Comment on Early Ideas for Saving Proposals by Thursday 14 January 2021.
Cabinet will meet in February 2021 to recommend a budget to Full Council
P.S. PROPOSED RESIDENT AND VISITOR PARKING CHANGES
Parking related consultations appear to be nested in this Budget consultation.
Including and not limited to:
* Increase minimum 30-minute purchasable session for on-street parking (currently 15 minutes).
* Introduce Sunday charges - Pay for Parking Pricing Structure - To introduce Sunday charges in Stop and Shop parking facilities in our main town centres.
* Change 2-hour restrictions to full day - Extend the operational hours of Controlled Parking Zones from two hours to all day
* Night-Time Enforcement - Extend the Parking Enforcement operational hours to night-time in order to deal with parking pressures arising from growing night time economy.
* Pay for Parking - Introduce a minimum 1-hour purchasable sessions - Increase the minimum length of stay to 1 hour in stop and shop parking in main town centres to ensure there is enough turnover of parking spaces and that way support town centres.