Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I appreciate that the winds of change are occurring across all stations but the way this has occurred without public consultation irks me - I have often arrived to see the machines not accepting cash and what with buses no longer accepting cash it just feels as though some people will be seriously disadvantaged.

Hers what was sent to me by TFL notifying of change if you haven't already seen it.

Dear Mr Bennett,

We are now carrying out improvement work at Wood Green Tube station; this is part of our plans to modernise the Tube. As a result, we are making changes to the ticket hall and the ticket windows are now permanently closed.

We have moved our staff into the ticket hall where they can assist you more effectively; the station will continue to be staffed between the first and last train times.

This station now has smarter ticket machines, offering guidance in 17 languages, making paying for travel easier; staff will be on hand to show you how much more these machines can do.

To pay for travel, you can now:

Use the smarter ticket machines

Use your contactless payment card. It’s the same fare as Oyster and no need to top up

Buy tickets or top up your Oyster card online or at nearby Oyster Ticket Stops

Work to the ticket hall and improvement to facilities is expected to continue for up to one month. The station will remain open during this period.

For full details and to find out more, please visit tfl.gov.uk/futuretube

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

According to the paper I've linked below they are all closing by December this year, right across the network. See the lovely diagram on page 4.
https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/rup-20150520-part-1-ite...

Personally it won't make any difference to me, I always tend to use the machines. I also travel a lot and have used subways in places like Tokyo, Hong Kong, Moscow, Paris, etc and I always opt for the machine rather than the ticket window. Being able to choose your own language makes it far simpler than attempting to ask for your tickets in a foreign language.

It does look like the unions have given up the fight to save the ticket offices. Next move may well be ending Oyster Cards and forcing everyone onto debit/credit cards. Oyster costs tfl quite a lot so they would like to move away from it. Meanwhile Boris is trying to break the union by forcing through night running. The media have been full of 'big payouts for staff' rubbish, while hiding the reality that people will be forced to work unsocial hours for no extra pay.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service