Walking to and from Harringay Station recently I felt like not much has been going on with the Wightman Road calming scheme of late. I began to wonder if that's it. So I checked progress against the planned scheme (thanks Paul Jenkins for a copy of the consultation document - attached below) and it seems that there still quite a bit to do.
This morning I called project manager John McQueen who confirmed the following:
- currently doing ducting for cables for new road signs
- putting in the new traffic Island this week ( I think near the end of Warham)
- starting remainder of humps next week - taking 3 weeks to finish
- Line marking & red top surfacing elements (see plan)
- road resurfacing and setting up cycle lane on railway bridge between Wightman and Alroy.
I asked John what percentage of traffic and speed reduction they were targeting with this scheme. He said that he didn't think that any had been set but that he'd check with his manager and come back to me.