Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This may not be news to you but not only are Ladder roads affected and Turnpike Lane but the whole of Hornsey Park road is blocked from the junction to Mayes road and beyond. So i turned around and went through Ally Pally to get to Hornsey and the whole of High Street and Priory Road to bottom of Muswell Hill is at a standstill. God knows what rush hour will be like each day and once kids back at school.

That's my rant for the day over.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 14544

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It's very interesting to watch on the (excellent) app Waze which is a sat-nav app that uses combined user data to plan your route to avoid traffic hot-spots etc. It has already updated that Wightman road has closed, and the roads surrounding it are all listed as travelling at 1mph average.

Meanwhile in the real world... a better place to watch the fun is the crest of the hill on Wightman Road near Beresford. I believe this is where Harringay House used to be. There's probably some irony, or a joke there but I can't think of it for the moment.

Just walked down the middle of Wightman from Burgoyne to Warham for the hell of it. Problem at Warham as the traffic still thinks it can turn right at the top and ends up at a barrier so lots of turning in the middle of the road to head to Pemberton and back to where they started from on GL.
I was going to download that app until I saw how much information it demanded to have access to...Everything bar my bra size...
Local resident popped out to Ally Pally in car ... return trip was 2 hrs!

But there again, I just went from Lausanne to Wickes on Seven Sisters and back again to park on Lausanne with no trouble at all.

HP Rd was at a standstill last week (wednesday) due to heavy traffic- which was before this closure. The junction at the northern/Wood Green/Mayes rd end of HP Rd with the mini roundabout is pretty much always bumper to bumper at peak times. Hornsey High street is also backed up at peak times regularly.

By this evening it should start to be clear that - with Wightman closed, virtually no traffic is able to funnel northwards up Hornsey Park rd bypassing Wood Green High road. (because no one can turn right into it from Turnpike lane- so if Wightman is blocked off, by definition most of the northbound traffic will also be diverted- you can only get into it from the Crouch End side). 

I'm currently stuck in traffic on Tottenham Lane, waiting to turn towards Turnpike Lane. It is utter gridlock. If I didn't have to collect poorly cat, there is no way I'd be driving around this area.

Poor you. Cats notwithstanding, I'll be staying away for a couple of weeks till things smooth out.

Still not home...

Good grief - sounds awful

Will post longer message later but signage abysmal on approach to Wightman/Turnpike junction and ambulance had to mount pavement to get round cars.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service