Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This may not be news to you but not only are Ladder roads affected and Turnpike Lane but the whole of Hornsey Park road is blocked from the junction to Mayes road and beyond. So i turned around and went through Ally Pally to get to Hornsey and the whole of High Street and Priory Road to bottom of Muswell Hill is at a standstill. God knows what rush hour will be like each day and once kids back at school.

That's my rant for the day over.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 14543

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes - that too.
As I said yesterday - the wrong type of barriers...
Just heard the Harringay Residents Society sub-committee called The Cultural Improvement & Better Lifestyle committee has had an emergency meeting to decide a common statement to all those rat runners put out by current road layout changes. They went for a song (which I neither agree or disagreed with). They're still decide on a mascot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

I walked into Crouch End late this morning, down Wightman, up Hornsey High Street, along Middle Lane to the Clocktower and back along Tottenham Lane. The good news is that outside of rush hour all the roads seemed to be flowing freely with the exception of Church Lane, Hornsey High Street eastbound from about the Great Northern Tavern and Turnpike Lane.

I'd feared witnessing what I was reading about yesterday. The fact that most of the roads were so clear gives me hope that the Council were right and the traffic will quickly disperse.

I was on a 41 bus coming from Archway yesterday lunchtime, and the journey from Crouch End was at a snails pace. I got off and walked over the foot bridge at Hornsey and into Turnpike lane My friend stayed on the 41. I got to West Green about 25 minutes ahead ! That was about 1hr 20 mins I think. I took some photos. Was it purely down to the bridge  by Endymion  ??

Yes, it sounds like yesterday was a nightmare in Crouch End. I hope it will be better this evening.

no - also burst water main 

I am a resident of Wightman Road. And for the first time last night I didn't get awoken by a lorry at 5:30am so I am loving these new restrictions (Although I haven't taken the car out yet!). So I am wondering how can we get the same controls that are on Warwick Road (For those that do not know them click here) this is the correct resolution to the problems on Wightman road and the ladders. Who can we contact? Does anyone know how they got this done? Wightman Road has been progressively getting busier and busier talking the strain from Green lanes (as they built the Arena Shopping center causing a bottleneck and implementing hundreds of Pedestrian crossings on the roads themselves never mind making the rungs one way in 2001 ish).

Jimmy, have a look at this
http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/update-on-harringay-tra...
You and everyone else in the Ladder need to get involved when the community meetings start.

Do we have any idea when they will start?

If you have a look at the file Hugh has attached called SDG presentation, there's a timetable around page 13 or 14 but kick off will be in May.
I feel that I should come to Nicole's defence a little in relation to her choosing a nursery which is, when all's said and done, just a couple of miles away....good nurseries don't grow on trees and aren't available at the end of every road. You certainly can't just check your kids out of one and into another more locally at the drop of a hat because of traffic. I also completely sympathise with Danni's comments about trying to transport very young children on public transport. It's neither practical or safe.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service