Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My VM Broadband has been down since Monday 14th Oct in N4.  VM texting random estimates dates/times for completion, but so far the outage problem has not been solved, newest estimate for completion is set for tomorrow.  I have never ever experienced anything like this before.  I’m now wondering if they’ll ever get my broadband up and running again.    

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same here in Cavendish Road. They keep showing a fix time then it passes and a new one many hours later.

Never had this before.

Warham down as well.  There is no info I can find in terms of geographical scope but it must be quite considerable as Cavendish is four or five streets away. 

Virgin sent a text about a week ago they'd be working overnight last night. Perhaps that is part of it all. I can't see why the system would be down for three days short of an EMP attack. Fortunately my mobile plan has been able to cover so far. 

For reference, mine's working on Effingham

Latest email from VM - received @ 16:20

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your Telephone and TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F011530690

The latest update is: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way

We now expect to have this resolved by 2024-10-17T10:35:00

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

There are strong indicia service is going to be out for some time:

According to a DM from Virgin Media this afternoon this is the technical problem

The outage is an SNR outage - SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network

If any engineers out there can confirm this makes sense please let us know!

Oh no ours has  already been down since Monday. The message on their website is cable damage.

It’s causing major domestic distress.

Could it be that VM are actually laying new fibre optic cabling for faster broadband which is causing major disruption to our services?   

I had a lot of trouble with them pre-pandemic, I didn't know how they got away with having the worst service and the highest prices, so when I knew lockdown was imminent and I would need reliable broadband I quit. 

I  would dearly like to give Virgin the boot  but the problem here on Coldfall Estate is that nobody except Virgin and Sky (ie Murdoch!) currently provide a fast internet service. Unless anyone has information to the contrary?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service