Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Noticed that Falkland & Frobisher Rds have traffic counters installed by Traffic Survey Partners http://www.trafficsurveypartners.co.uk/ 

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay traffic study, traffic

Views: 2121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dog ate my homework.

Justin is it just the Traffic Study that's delayed, or the second round of data collection too while Wightman Rd is closed for the bridge works? Vital info for future traffic planning e.g. Wightman-no-through Rd.....

As far as I am aware the two are being treated as separate (thought there is an obvious link). Not sure when the second round of data collection is planned for, we can find out at the meeting in 2 weeks.

The one thing that was funny was it was mentioned that apparently they are only collecting/using a weeks worth of data when the counters were down for 3 weeks at least...

Thanks Justin.  Umm, yes - selective sampling - hope not.

Related to this: in neighbouring Hackney (at least the western half) there's a traffic survey now, particularly Green Lanes, Lordship Road, Amhurst Road. The frequency of the counter sites and their absence on the 30 mph A10 indicates they are primarily a speed survey now that Hackney is nearly all 20 mph and has been for some months. 

Expect something similar in Haringey in several months time as part of the 20 mph project which goes live this month (though today's Haringey People's article gives no actual start date).

How are all the rat runners going to cope with 20 mph on my Ladder road. Oh wait...

Ha. I just saw an Iceland delivery van hoon down Pemberton like the guy was auditioning for the next Dukes of Hazard movie!

Have the meters all been collected, I still see the rubber chords on the roads, but no meter. Maybe the scrap man's getting bold.

No, the council told me they will come get the rubber hoses later... Though the meters do apparently get nicked.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service