Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I need to get my hands on a few traffic cones for next week to hold some space outside my house. Parking is easy(Langham Road) so no pressure from neighbours. Anyone got any lying around or suggest a source. Many thanks.

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely. It really annoys me to see them doing it. 

I don't have to worry about parking because I don't drive. Do you really need a car in this bit of town? I think my neighbour likes having one just for the fun of polishing it of a weekend tbh...

thanks for all help and to Justin. please feel free to continue with barbed comments....

Not barbed at all Philip, my questions are straight up. I'm genuinely interested in how this would work, if it's legal etc...

It's probably not legal in the sense that if someone moved the cones onto the pavement and parked there, there's nothing you could do about it.

But it's something that depends on a bit of good neighbourliness and spirit of give and take.

I really don't think it's legal John. It's a road obstruction. Parking is tight on our road and although my neighbours are generous I'm not sure it would go down well if I did that. Philip did say that parking is easy on Langham so why the need for cones?

Jeez guys, why the need to always take offence or moan about somebody asking for a favour.  Maybe he has got builders for a few days and naturally it'll be far easier with tools if their vehicle is outside the front door.  Philip seems to suggest he wants to do it for next week only.  To be fair though, I don't know but who cares enough to write comments such as the below.  

Goes back to the point around why people don't contribute to this site when they get responses such as the below.

Maybe he's moving and needs to reserve space for a van outside his house ?

All sorts of possible reasons.

thats it exactly. Yes i could pay the council to reserve the space, but they wouldn't actually be providing me with a service I couldn't do myself. I already pay for my permit and visitor permits. There is no shortage of space on my street and no one will mind. I will also give the removal guys paid-for day permits. So .....

But that is just it! They WOLUD be providing precisely that extra service by allowing YOU to RESERVE the space IN FRONT of YOUR house.

I think that is the point that people were making.
Kris, I'm not moaning or taking offence, I'm asking genuine questions. Posts like this, and about selling on parking tickets always arouse debate on HOL.
Can people lighten up here! Philip has a removal van coming and wants to try and make sure it ends up in front of his house for an hour or two to make the operation easier and faster. It's hardly crime of the century folks.

Precisely

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service