Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Great wasn't it?!
Harringay/green lanes food festival on Twitpic

Well done to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen.

Don't forget to add your photos of it to the Harringay Flickr Group

Roll on next year! Have opened a suggestion box in the Harringay Festival group for Harringay 2010

Photos
Harringay festival photo gallery on Flickr

Dancing outside Yasar Halim : Video

Scenes from the stage

photo by site member the anke via Twitter. More of the anke's photos here

Tags for Forum Posts: Harringay Festival

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A big 'well done' to all involved. Fantastic to see so many people out, visibly enjoying themselves. Wonder if Labour politicians were on a 'three-line whip' to attend? There did seem an awful lot of them there - so much so that, at one point, had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't at a Labour social (-D
How, though, can we make feedback so that next year's Festival is even better?
That's a good question, J, I'm hoping that the organisers will invite some feedback from local people. Guess we can drop a line to neighbourhood management ,along with our congratulations for pulling such a lovely local festival out of the bag with so little time.
It was great. So very lucky with the weather. I think my favourite thing was just the sheer joy of walking down the middle of a road that is normally rammed with traffic. And I loved the music on the main stage (though one ear is still ringing because I stupidly stood right next to the loudspeaker as the wonderful Kurdish folk dancing/music started!

Agree with others about the hit and miss nature of the stands, and was disappointed that some of the local food places didn't spill out into the street a bit more. Maybe they were hedging their bets because of concerns about the weather? But I'd hope next year they'll realise what a winner they would be onto if they had more tables and chairs outside. I was struck by the fact that the only stall selling meze was Sofra, which is hardly a local business - there's an idea for next year for someone?

I really hope this can be an annual event, it was fantastic.
Even as a supporter of the car, I, too, enjoyed walking down the middle of Green Lanes on a warn Sunday afternoon!
Feedback needs to be constructive and taken as such. Can I start off or is it too early? I'm sorry I missed you, Liz. Thought there was going to be a Harringay On-Line stall )-:
Considering this was the first one, I think it ran pretty smoothly and I enjoyed the day. I think any suggestions should be directed back to make the next one even better. My only moan would be that some of the stalls just had beer and crisps on?

I had a Munas which was lush and a pint of Tribute whilst watching Neck. Of course the weather was on our side and made the day. I did like the various on stage performances (politicians aside) although it did get quite crowded.

Congratulations to all the organisers, a roaring success.
9.38pm.....I've heard it was a huge success, it all looks fantastic in the photographs. I am only sorry I missed it due to another arrangement, I didn't get back home in time and have missed out on all that yummy food and fun.....any chance we can do it all over again next Sunday?

.......A very big well done to absolutely everyone who made it happen. Great,

Roll on next year, indeed!

Anastasia
A marvellous, memorable occasion!

Lots of people worked very hard to make it happen - including traders, residents, and the Police. I spotted many voluntary organisations - including Friends of the Earth; LCSP - and GRA who had a lovely stall selling plants. (Apologies to many others who I've missed.) There were also many Council staff - some people I recognised - some of whom at least were there as volunteers.

So is there really any need for comments about it being a 'Labour', or political event? It was not. No politicians were 'whipped'. It was a community event and celebrated the rich, and enjoyable aspects of living in this part of London.

Zena and I came for pleasure, not politics. To enjoy the atmosphere, the sunshine and the smiles and friendliness. We saw old friends and new friends; and met and chatted to people we didn't know. We ate and drank, bought stuff, and enjoyed the music.
A great first year. Loved seeing all the locals out on Green Lanes and really loved all the music. I know these things take a huge effort to get going so well done to everyone who gave freely of their time to make it happen.
Great. Loved it and the kids loved it - I think the GRA and their periscope stole the day though - how inventive! My 5 year old is still running round the house spying on us with it.
A great day - like so many other I loved the joy of being able to walk down the middle of Green Lanes without getting mashed! Highlight was the spontaneous dance space outside of Yasser Halim.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service