Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Go.

Views: 862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure there's one or two...

I'll bite. I don't think he's anywhere near as dangerous as the MSM think he is. He's going to take a well needed stick to the GOP and congress, a shame the Democrats will have to sort their own house out (unlikely). NeilT's post above outlines a lot of the positives. I think dwelling on what he could do with his executive powers (increased by GW and Obama) is not helpful.

I'm hoping Michelle Obama will stand against him in 2020 but in the meantime the people he'll be going for first are those that opposed him within the GOP.

Tearing up the Paris agreement, and being a global waming denyer, so that there is no plan to pull us back from the 'danger zone' is not dangerous? (While building sea protection walls around his golf courses against projected rise in sea levels).

Being an enabler of racists such as the KKK, with his overt and dog whistle racist comments, is not dangerous in letting others think its ok to do the same or worse?

Making misogyny acceptable is not dangerous? Attacking womens rights and lgbt rights is not dangerous?

Giving succour to the ambitions of Marine le Penn and every other nationalist and hater around the globe is not dangerous? 

No need to paint him in the worst possible light as the man does it himself and his bile encourages every other nasty creature to come out from under their stones.

I am no Trump supporter and he is not someone I would want as a friend or sit down with. For all his many faults he however has carisma and can role on the charm and connect with the majority of  people who are prepared to vote for someone they believe in.

1. building on another of the positives, Trump will put UK up front for trade deal talks as opposed to Obama and the EU who want to treaten UK with a big hammer. His stance will weaken the EU's hand as long as the UK PM is prepared to play that card and she is not secretly in bed with EU.

Remember EU is also protectionism for the multinationals and against 3rd world countries and so maybe a decrease in globalisation and return to more nationalism is a good thing. Eat food in season, buy goods more locally. Sometimes to make change there will be pain and in order to go right you may first need to go left.

and also between the 2 candidates, I would trust trump more than Clinton.

what we have hear is again the loud minority and media shouting and making lots of noises to make the silient majority feel sheepish and hence they keep their comments more or less muted, same as per brexit. In all instances it was pro EU's persons always opening up with statements to me like "people must be stupid to want to leave the EU". They basically made an assumption that everyone they know must be pro EU when starting a conversation about the subject. In contrast I never received such opening arrogant remarks from pro brexiters. We live in a democracy and so need to learn to respect differing views and allow conversation than to lock it down.

Problem is.. the U.K. manufactures hardly anything.. Has virtually nothing to sell.  Your British built Japanese cars or French cars, the USA will buy directly.  - They are all built with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

It's very depressing to see how you've jumped on to the proganda bandwagon.

I'm really happy that the leader of my government said she's happy to work with Trump but with certain conditions ( “Germany and America are connected by values of democracy, freedom, and respect for the law and the dignity of man, regardless of origin, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political views.), and our Defence minister has said that the USA needs NATO as much Europe needs NATO. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/angela-merkel-germany-donald-...

And what did unelected May say.. ? (Well, appointed by the unelected head of State). Do what you like with the UK. (That's what the special relationship is all about, isn't it?)

I guess you, as an obvious Brexiter, would say that's what 'taking the country back' is all about. - Ludicrous. To outsiders, May's stance only serves to illustrate the U.K.s impotence. But hey, clutch at straws as long as you want.

Trump was so anxious to talk with May that he rang 10 other world leaders before eventually getting around to her, in fact there was concern expressed that he rang Taoiseach Enda Kenny before the UK PM.

Nationalism is never "a good thing".

one hat does not fit all and nationalism can exist with elements of globalisation but if we remove nationalism altogether what kind of world are we creating. Yes we now live in an interconnected world that provides benefits but we don't have to swing all the way to globalisation for the benefit of mostly large companies. also we can strive to do good and make a better world by taking radical action on for example weapons of mass destruction but you run the risk of mainstreamers calling such people "a nice person" or "an idealist" who has no idea.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service