Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A final reminder - tomorrow's the day........

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 7396

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Pemberton at 10.30
Attachments:
Just spoken to a traffic Marshall at Hampden. Apparently closures will be in place within the hour
Apparently it's lockable bollards, the bin men will have keys so they can still get in at the top. Hampden is now closed at the Wightman end. At Willoughby Rd they were spray painting over the No Entry signs at Hampden, presumably they will be sticking two way signs over the previous ones. I asked about how they are intending to enforce the parking restrictions on the three roads that are now 2 way and the chap said with tickets and removals.
Two vehicles driven around the barriers on the pavement. Have filmed them. Safer Neighbourhoods, Network Rail or Council for the report?

Mmm, yes i can see that would be possible on any of the barriers if there are no cars parked or adjacent street furniture. I wonder how much of an issue it will become.

I think they'd have to suspend the pavement parking on Wightman for the duration or block the pavements too, otherwise a small trip in your car on the pavement is surely legal?

There's actually a bigger problem with the concrete blocks. Some of the have been placed too far apart so that the signs can be moved aside and cars can drive through. The Council and Network Rail are aware. Apparently it's Network Rail's responsibility and they will be taking remedial action.

Motorbikes of course still have free reign.

One of the stewards told me they were expecting two metre blocks which would have left a gap only large enough for cyclists. While we were talking a motorist got out of his car and started to move the middle traffic cones to drive through. He was politely told off. The steward also said that the metal bollards (at the Turnpike end?) had already been rammed and destroyed.

The bollards at the Seymour junction are as you described Hugh, cars are simply driving through the centre of the two bollards.

Yep...saw precisely the same at the junction of Burgoyne Road.. The sheer audacity is staggering

Safer neighborhood police Paul. In the past they have dealt with traffic violations I have reported like the time some idiot was doing over 60 mph and overtaking vehicles on the wrong side of the road. They checked the registration number and went and dealt with him.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service