Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Garden Ladder sadly closed last Thursday 10th April after a great few years trading - it was the first place to give a different feel to Green Lanes and it will be missed.  The great success that Jam in the Jar is enjoying might have been a factor but let's wish all the staff well and look forward to whatever takes its place....

Views: 2756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very glad to hear it's going to remain a bar/pub as we don't have many round here. But sad to see it's life as The Garden Ladder end. It was a useful little local. Fingers crossed for the future. 

Bumped into one of the staff a few days ago.  Unemployed and looking for work.  All very sad.

That's a real shame. It was the only place I liked during my time on Seymour Road. Lovely place, lovely staff.
That said, I did the Salisbury for a while, but then the staff changed and became very rude, so opted out.
I really hope it does not turn in to some shady Turkish bar or kebab shop..

shady Turkish bar or Kebab shop? Did you mean to say that? Those folk helped make this area.

I did, yeah. Have a look around you..
Yes Alex, that's really all I do. Who are you anyway? A newbie. I suppose you think another Turkish place would be great, would you? It helps Green Lanes being so "lovely and colourful". Look at another discussion on here where people are wondering why Green Lanes are looking so scruffy already after the refurb. I rest my case.
I agree.

But it seems Jam in the Jar have been operating illegally without a late licence so the label of shady can be applied to that place? Sometimes we do turn the other way if we feel a place is trendy yet operating outside the law. 

We do. As long as we don't deny we're doing that, than fine...

Am surprised the owners gave up on it - seems to me that a place like that can only become more popular with the population shift on the Ladder - not been to Jam in a Jar but it's a long way from the F Park end of the ladder

if Andy H is right then that's great news if the new owners are keeping it essentially the same

Oh no - I am totally gutted! I loved the Ladder, it's about the only place I felt comfortable going to on my own for a pint or two (usually in the lovely sun-trap of a garden). I've introduced so many friends to the place (one of which loved the pies there so much she made us go there twice in two days for dinner!) It was the best pub in the area, hands down, and the only reason I haven't been going as much as I'd like to is due to financial circumstances.

I am really, really sad about this - I hope the staff there know how much we enjoyed the place.

Agree!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service