Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That sound check is insane. The Arctic Monkeys are so rubbish. 3 days of it!

Is it just the direction of the wind or is that significantly louder than the Stone Roses?

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise

Views: 11024

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maggie knows what she is talking about

one night might have been alright but to get the same gig twice...

and it was louder than Oasis a few years back and also Stone Roses

can't wait for the (c)rap festival in a few weeks...

Bloody miserable NIMBYs - I like the fact that we have top bands playing locally. I would say however from experience (Stone Roses & Arctic Monkeys) that the facilities provided are woefully inadequate for the 50k capacity licence. You're better off as a local hoping for a favourable wind and enjoying the free music in the comfort of you own home/garden.

Agree with you Tunbridge Wells, best acoustics Whightman Bridge; see you next time theres an interesting gig.

And no Alex, not NIMBYs at all, if you read all the posts you will see that a large number enjoyed a free gig from their house and others have justified concerns about getting kids asleep etc, only a minority were 'miserable'.

On Grand Parade I had to leave my flat to be able to hear the concert. Not even the Arctic Monkeys could take out the noise from the traffic, buses, old ale emporium and unceasing accordion playing on Green Lanes. Not complaining though, I love the noise. 

We do seem now to have a whole family of accordion players siting themselves between McD's and Barclays bank. They must be earning a living anyway to keep it up. It can be quite cheery especially when going under the ugly bridge. 

But I suppose they need a licence to play on the streets and if they keep it up perhaps they may be asked to produce on. 

Pleeeeeze leave them alone! I love having these guys here!

Piped birdsong? Eek.. no thanks. I like real birdsong which I can hear in my kitchen which overlooks peoples gardens. Nothing piped ta very much 

I am not touching them Hugh! I said positive things…. but we have to acknowledge that the long arm of the law might ask them for a licence one day and they may move on. 

I am rather fond of the older guy,  he's dad or granddad I reckon. I'm sure they look after each other and take it in turns. 

Here's to foreshortened arms in these circumstances!

I'm only small, quite foreshortened, no worries. 

I daresay you can't hear them all the time from your perch on Hewitt Road, Hugh - but from my back garden it's a bit like living next to a fairground. I liked it at first but now am heartily sick of the sound.

Reminds me of an old Far Side cartoon - two guys have died and are being ushered into the afterlife. The first is told "Welcome to heaven - here's your harp." The second: "Welcome to hell - here's your accordion."...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service