Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

As an outcome of the previous discussion on women's safety, I have set up this post as a place to report any incidents you experience; this means that we will have a concrete record of where incidents occur, who it is and what kinds of harassment are happening.

Please use this thread only for posting reports so that we have a manageable record that can be presented to the local police, which many of us agreed would be helpful (for them and for us).

Also, if you can remember any recent incidents that you think are relevant, please post these too, even though they have already occurred.

When posting, it will be useful to record, where possible:
  • Where the incident occurred (which street, outside a particular shop or bar?)
  • What the culprit looked like (age, race, clothes, accent, distinguishing features? Were they alone or was it a group?)
  • What exactly they did or said (words used etc.)
I hope this thread goes some way to feeling that we are taking the first steps towards making our experiences more widely known; if the police can see exactly what is happening, they can begin to look at this problem more closely. As someone pointed out in the women's safety post, there is also no reason to hesitate in reporting an unpleasant experience to the SNT or your local PCSO, who will also make a record of your complaint.

Tags for Forum Posts: personal safety, sexual harassment, women

Views: 416

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

All humour is gratefully received at the moment! Though maybe set up a different thread for the toilet humour;)
Advice taken, John. Just emailed Mr.Canver to get clarification on this.

And I also absolutely agree with you that the police and coucil are failing massively in their public duty to protect its residents.

I can park for a few seconds on Green Lanes and have my number plate recorded instantly, yet women can be attacked, accosted and generally made to feel degraded on our streets and yet to date, not one single arrest.

Above all, it's the lack of publicity that is being given to all these problems. I now solely use this site as a true way of finding out what's happening in my community (for good as well as bad!) -which begs the question, what have the police been been instructing local editors of newspapers?
Ms Canver, surely?
Not according to my email that's just been sent...

Oh, well, you live and learn!
Google...

No wonder they do what they like if we don't even know who they are. Intending to vote in May Andy? Know which ward Nilgun is standing in and which party she stands for? Got a feeling for how good she is at her job if she's in your ward and you can vote for her?
Don't vote, John. Mistrust them all and have only really ever had time for Independent MP's -and most of those are barmy.

Having said all that, if Ms.Nilgun actually is seen to do something concrete over this issue I'd think again (my last vote helped bring Blair into power and I've never fully got over that).
Please vote this year. We have some fantastic people to vote for and some complete sharks to kick out.
Have picked up the voting theme on a new thread.
last Thursday I saw two men 23 - 30 ish trying to distract a woman who was trying to withdraw money from the Barclays cash machine on Green lanes at about 2pm. They were waving newspaper in front of her trying to distract her while she was useing the machine, luckily they weren't successful. so please be aware of this scam.
There is no revenue source in harassment. Bottomless revenue for the council with their cameras. If they would DNA dog shit, or slap a number plate on the arse of dogs they would make a killing, but it's easier to trace the owners of vehicles.
Putting an idea like that out into the open will just give councillors ideas.
Andy, I have done some digging tonight using Google Maps and have located a halfway house for ex-offenders and addicts. No wonder you are having so much trouble, it is nearly right at the bottom of your road!

Look here for more details.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service