Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm not sure whether this has been shared elsewhere on HOL - can't see it in a search but...

We have recently received a note through our front door that the St Ann's Low Traffic Neighbourhood will be implemented on 22 August.

This is a heads-up for anyone living in or driving through the area between West Green Road and St Ann's Road.  There will no longer be a direct route between the two major roads unless you are a bus or have a 'X2' exemption pass. 

Woodlands Park Road, Black Boy Lane, Cornwall Road and Avenue Road will all be closed to through traffic. 

The restriction points will be monitored by CCTV, so no doubt LBH will be issuing lots of PCNs!  Drivers beware!

I attach two documents, one a map of the area showing the traffic cells as they will be after implementation, and the other the supporting document.

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, st anns ltn, traffic

Views: 27889

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So today is the day. Is it now in place?

In theory but certainly not in practice. People were just driving around the physical filter barriers this morning, despite people on the street telling them the new rules and very clear signs on the barriers...

I’ve lived on my street for 19 yrs and I’ve had more traffic today than the 19 yrs combined. Hopefully it’s just until people realise they can’t go all the way along Black Boy Lane or Woodlands Park Road.

Buy a motorbike everyone! 
I was just chatting to a really nice guy on his, and we may have worked out that because most, if not all, of the road filters only seem to have one camera covering them ( cars - number plate back and front ), so long as your riding towards the camera your number plate is not visible. Only allows you one way through the filter and you’d need to have a superb mental map of all the cameras. Hmmm maybe not. 

Sorry. A bit flippant I know. 

The council made a lot of money today though!!! So not a bad day for the beleaguered finance’s.  
I wonder if that’s paying for the road resurfacing ? Loads going on in my box/zone (what should we call them??)and the next one.

But the air is clear here now the smell of tar has slowly subsided!!!!!!.

You had me going for a minute there! This is how I got through the LTN today 

16611929151374283669325386624835.jpg

I stopped an elderly couple who live just the wrong side of one filter about to drive thought it. They thought as Res permit holders they were entitled, they were astonished.

Obviously exactly the sort of people Haringey aims to discourage from rat-running in their own street: “What do you mean, you live here?”

Sarah — Well, it looks a handsome steed and I’m sure it carried you valiantly through the ranks of confused (and in some cases now perhaps £65 poorer) motorists, chicanes and CCTV checkpoints! But I think you said in an earlier post that you’d also moved to be closer to work, which is not an option open to everyone who needs to traverse St Ann’s/Harringay/Haringey to earn a crust, or whose shonky knees (yes — full disclosure — mine) would preclude cycling even if their handlebar skills permitted it. Unless I’ve missed something, the promised changes to Green Lanes due before the LTN launch haven’t materialised, and once traffic levels return to normal after the hols, I do wonder if those relying on buses will find their journeys easier or more difficult.

Actually I was previously a 20 minute walk from work, but in order to buy I had to move further away and that's how I ended up living in Haringey. Then a few weeks ago I moved again, to a larger flat a bit further away. Now I traverse St Ann's every time I go to the office. I started cycling during the first lockdown as I'm clinically vulnerable. I was always too scared before, but the temporarily quieter streets provided a good opportunity to practice.  To my delight I have found it seems to help with my multiple disabilities (EDS, MS and now arthritis). 

Sarah — I’m glad that cycling has benefitted you so much and I doubt anyone would deny that it has all kinds of positives. But I still feel that the changes you were luckily able to make are not open to many, many others, and that your experience, though very encouraging, isn’t typical of the decisions most people have to, or are able to, make.

Only till Grant shapps has his way.

Happy start day to all in Woodlands Park and in the rest of the zone beyond Harringay. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service