Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm not sure whether this has been shared elsewhere on HOL - can't see it in a search but...

We have recently received a note through our front door that the St Ann's Low Traffic Neighbourhood will be implemented on 22 August.

This is a heads-up for anyone living in or driving through the area between West Green Road and St Ann's Road.  There will no longer be a direct route between the two major roads unless you are a bus or have a 'X2' exemption pass. 

Woodlands Park Road, Black Boy Lane, Cornwall Road and Avenue Road will all be closed to through traffic. 

The restriction points will be monitored by CCTV, so no doubt LBH will be issuing lots of PCNs!  Drivers beware!

I attach two documents, one a map of the area showing the traffic cells as they will be after implementation, and the other the supporting document.

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, st anns ltn, traffic

Views: 27820

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yesterday 4:30pm. Junction seven sisters road eade road/Amherst park.  Can't be a lot of fun if  you are on a bus. Not that easy for me to navigate on a bike. Displacement I think it's called. 

We were told it would “evaporate”…. 

There's a reason why the traffic order is for eighteen months rather than two weeks. Significant changes in behaviour don't happen in two weeks.

Yes they do happen in 2 weeks. It will be like this in 2/3/4 weeks from now, and onward.

Why should we pay for this ill-thought out experiment with increased traffic, increased pollution and additional pedestrian danger? Each of which resulting in detriment to life for residents? Is it really to appease the few who pushed for this ludicrously-planned, utopia-dreaming cluster F?

There is a much better, and less severe way to move in the direction of quieter neighbourhoods, I just don't know why the protests pre-launch weren't listened to.

Given that sat navs are still updating, expecting people to change all their habits in 2 weeks is pretty naive.

However, what would your solution be, or would you continue as was? Complaining without an alternative is pretty useless.

Well I'm no town planner, but keeping it split into smaller sections would make sense to me, maybe keeping The Avenue as a two-way road on the entire length.

You'll likely shoot this down, and perhaps rightly so, but as I say I'm no road planner. But what we have right now is not acceptable.

As for sat navs, they have upated apart from one road I believe; however the satnav updates only stop the "at-barrier" frustration. The end to end traffic on West Green road is a result of the intended traffic flow...

So you're not opposed to the LTNs, just the specific implementation of it? I can see Avenue Road being the best option of the through roads but personally I think the the solution should be to fix that St Ann's/Green Lanes junction and have it as two way.

100% - I'm against the implementation, not the objective. Cutting down cut through traffic and encouraging non-car transport - for quieter roads - makes perfect sense

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that! St Ann's is dead quiet, where West Green Road is bumper to bumper...

I'm really hoping that the ongoing implementation will be as promised and the monitoring (which is substantial) will highlight roads which are an issue and fixes will be tried for them. 

Yes, Harringay Road has been a pinch-point for years — far too narrow to carry even the pre-closure volume of traffic and prone to total seizure on rubbish-collection days or when artics mistakenly try and turn in so as to go north on GL. I’ve never understood the oddity of the one-way St Ann’s/GL junction.

Simple. just stop vehicles entering London 

1st at the m25 then at the north circ.

Agree Andy. Once that's sorted, we can finally address the issue of pedestrians blocking cyclists' access to the footpaths.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service