Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm not sure whether this has been shared elsewhere on HOL - can't see it in a search but...

We have recently received a note through our front door that the St Ann's Low Traffic Neighbourhood will be implemented on 22 August.

This is a heads-up for anyone living in or driving through the area between West Green Road and St Ann's Road.  There will no longer be a direct route between the two major roads unless you are a bus or have a 'X2' exemption pass. 

Woodlands Park Road, Black Boy Lane, Cornwall Road and Avenue Road will all be closed to through traffic. 

The restriction points will be monitored by CCTV, so no doubt LBH will be issuing lots of PCNs!  Drivers beware!

I attach two documents, one a map of the area showing the traffic cells as they will be after implementation, and the other the supporting document.

Tags for Forum Posts: low traffic neighbourhoods, st anns ltn, traffic

Views: 27876

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John Mc Mullan - No way of seeing where signatories are from online, but perhaps having to give address details will mean non-residents are discounted? However, there are categories for those who work or study in the area and I'd have thought their views were valid, too.

LTN supporters inveigh against traffic from outside the borough, but some of it must be useful if people are working in the area (eg the various plumbers and other traders often recommended on HoL don't all live locally). Road closures affect legitimate businesses trying to do their jobs as well as "rat runners", and I imagine a lot of DPD, Amazon, Ocado, UPS and John Lewis vehicles will now have to alter their delivery routes to use more petrol and cover more miles as a result of the changes. Of course, if the Council (and City Hall) insisted they all used EVs, it'd help - but, naturally, there's absolutely no sign of that.

As of Friday noon, the petition has 734 signatures, so may already have eclipsed the tiny minority of residents who supported the LTN in consultation. 

The wording of the petition is amateurish and makes forgone conclusions. Are they really serious?

Daaay threee!! in the big low traffic neighbourhood! 

Hoodmates have orchestrated the great Vehicle reshuffle over night!!  which is quite disconcerting, All those who normally travel south in the morning have parked cars south of the border and vis Versa. Resulting in a general lowering of the collective BMI with a 100 yard walk before the daily commute!

That seems a fairly logical response.

yes it is! I just didn’t see it coming. Makes perfect sense tho. 

so the new LTN is already encouraging active travel! (baby steps)

I think this really needs two TfL bike docking stations, one either side of the border, so that commuters can cross the dividing line and claim they cycle as well as walk. Win, win all round!

Just walked down St. Anns, there is a notice stating No through Route to West Green Road via Black Boy Lane. Judging by the number of vehicles driving up Black Boy Lane the PCN revenue will amply pay for its replacement should that time come.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there any reason why each Household should not be issued with a single free parking permit irrespective of ownership or visitors.  Any further permits for second or third vehicles per Household to be paid for possibly at a premium. There could be a discount for additional Visitor Permits.

Many dwellings in this area are purpose built or converted Flats or HMOs One vehicle per Household may well be feasible but many seem to want two or three per family.  This makes it impossible for residents and visitors alike. 

The first vehicle parked outside for free, any more, pay for them.

This does seem obvious so presumably there is a good reason why it is not used.

Hi

Can you give the link to these surveys please Chris?

1."The council's survey suggested 30% of spaces are unoccupied. The ladder residents' own survey at peak time still found over 20% were unoccupied." 

2. "The businesses already have their parking allocated in the Gardens."

3. "there is a large body of evidence that refutes entirely any claims of loss of business when parking goes (or fees increase). Most studies suggests greater spending. "

Would love to read them. Thanks.

Hi

1. here's the link to the results of the survey https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2243201524?prof...

2. The cross streets are already Business Permit spaces (with a small % of residents and pay spaces). 

3. here are a couple but I'm sure the Living Streets people will have plenty of newer or better examples to hand, or Cllr Hakata

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/walking-cycling-economic-benefits-summar...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-13/every-study-ever...

Chris..your answers..

Number 1. Has no date...methodology..who did the local obsv and when and how? Which interest group did they represent? - Cyclists only?

Number 2. Is this information readily available? where?

Number 3. This appears to be a TFL London Cycling Campaign pro - cycling doc making the case for cyclists and walkers ... looks like cycling propaganda to me...Although I am a cyclist too!

Your additional Bloomberg doc appears to be an article promoting cycling in London and cycling lanes.

Not exactly unbiased material Chris!  Chuckle!

To be serious any reworking of the traffic around the Ladder area and I include the Gardens in this to be fair as we are a locked in system together..needs to be fair in representing the main players...not just the cyclists! That's residents who don't cycle who may be residents who need personal car transport 24 hrs a day 5 days a week of any age and state of health.

The TFL document information generally quotes certain sources but no chapter and verse as in a properly researched study. Again how were these statistics gathered... interested parties proving what they wanted proved perhaps?

I try not to be cynical but all this is about cycling - and as an after thought walking...but not everyone can do this easily. Maybe the authors only mix with their own age and fitness contemporaries. This ward has quite an ageing population. In my road I'd say that a good 20 - 30% are over 65 but then I should do a proper survey. All the roads up the Ladder..well that's quite some ageing population. You'd be surprised.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service