Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tags for Forum Posts: 2014 elections, election, labour, leaflet, seven sisters

Views: 2038

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the link Justin.

On the national stage I admire some Labour politicians and Kate Hoey is one of them. Her comments about the conduct of her local party show that there are still a few with enough integrity who are willing to speak out against misdeeds in local Labour machinery.

A pity there aren't more here in Haringey.

The tendency to turpitude is a function of four decades of one-party control.

It is said that the local operation was such an embarrassment to the national party, that some years ago when visiting the local clan, PM Tony Blair issued instructions that he not be photographed with them.

Disclosure:
I am a prospective councillor candidate
Highgate Ward | Liberal Democrat Party

Let's read and think about what Kate Hoey actually said.

"I value honesty and integrity. I did not write these words and do not agree with them. The quote attributed to me was not approved and is a total work of fiction. I asked for the leaflets to be withdrawn as soon as I found out.

“I think that the public have a right to know when something goes into an election leaflet that is not accurate and I would have expected to be asked, rather than having quotes made up on my behalf.”

Good for Kate! This seems to stand on its own without needing interpretation in other parties' interests.

We all know that almost all election leaflets are a dodgy car boot sale of old threadbare policies; stale "achievements" the mice have been at; pre-broken pledges; and offers of time shares in unlikely-to-be-built resorts in Neverland. 

This time at least, my face and name don't appear on the KoberTory leaflets issued by the Muswell Hill Colonial Administration which has taken over our Council. 

Yesterday three more people contacted me for advice about voting against  parties they loathe. Asking who were the best placed candidates to defeat the assorted red, blue and yellow rosetted Tories, liars, racists and little Englanders offering to pollute the political stream in their local areas.

Does anyone know of a reliable tactical voting website I can recommend to people (including places outside London) whose aim is simply voting for the least worst, in an effort to to keep out the worst?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor )

So Clive do you deny the allegation that your local candidates in Harringay have told the Turkish Cypriot population in Harringay that voting Lib Dem will support the lifting of the trade embargo on North Cyprus? Really desperate stuff in my view if true and irresponsible. It displays a lack of understanding of the relationship between Greek and Turkish Cypriot neighbours which if true make the lib dems unfit to serve the local area. We have been living together in Harringay for decades in peace. Many years ago I was invited to speak at a UN conference for women from conflict zones - specifically about the experience and friendship of women living and working together on both sides of Green Lanes. I would be absolutely appalled if it is true that your local candidates are so desperate that they would destroy years of pride in unity for electoral advantage. This is an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with the local council. This is an issue your candidates for council and parliament no absolutely nothing about.

Emine Ibrahim
The Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

Emine. I don't see how a candidate for Highgate can be expected to know what Harringay LibDem candidates may have been saying to the population of Harringay. It's an allegation and you should not be mud-slinging on the basis of gossip. But maybe you have evidence to back it up ? If so, produce it.

I remember that not long ago,  you objected strongly to any reference to your Cypriot background. But it's OK for you to do so to try to score points ?

I am asking a question, the allegation is from people who have been doorstepped. I do object completely to any form of ethnic politics being used to including references to my background. This is completely in tune with my previous objections. My ethnicity is not relevant and the Cyprus question is not relevant. Clive has made comments about Seven Sisters, St Ann's and Harringay. He lives in Stroud Green so commented about that too. Let's be consistent here. These are allegations on doorstep so I am simply asking if it's true. If it's not that's the end of it. The Liberal Democrats are the connoisseurs of mud slinging if you read the stuff shoved through doors. So accusing me of that is slightly odd. I would rather hear Cypriot voters being told what their Cllrs will do about challenging NHS privatisation, cuts to services for the disabled or the fact that their kids can no longer afford to live in the ward they grew up in due to house prices and rent prices. This is what is at the forefront of their mind not the Cyprus Problem.

If it's not true a am requesting in writing a dissociation from Haringey Lib Dems from any such wild claims on which they have no power.

Emine Ibrahim
The Labour Party Candidate (Harringay Ward)

David Lammy lives in Stroud Green. Just saying.

That's not an issue in my view for either Clive or anyone else.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask the question of David Schmitz or Karen Alexander , given that they are actually standing in Harringay ward ?

I have directed it at party not individuals - I think that's fairer because it may not be David or Karen doing it. I would prefer not to speculate on culprits

You think that Clive IS the LibDem Party ?

I'm sure he would be flattered

Oh we have to flatter Clive sometimes :)) no of course not was simply pointing out an issue. Clive never responds to questions anyway only asks them, so your right bit pointless asking really.

Have a great day :)

"Clive never responds to questions anyway only asks them"

I think if you study the Q&As on HoL, you might notice that Clive has responded to others but never responds to you, Emina. 

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative candidate - Harringay ward

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service