Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed, thanks for posting. Details below:

Along with telephone boxes, bearskin hats and the Queen’s city pile, the Routemaster is one of London’s biggest icons. So it’s no wonder that when the First Lady of London’s transport system turns sixty this weekend, there’ll be a party to celebrate.

The Routemaster Association is holding a free Diamond Jubilee of the Routemaster event in Finsbury Park. RM1 vehicles from as far afield as Scotland, Germany and France have been called home to join the 100+ Routemasters being exhibited. Parades of the classic buses take place on both Saturday and Sunday at 2pm, with a special Buses from the Decades Parade taking place on Sunday at 12pm.

There’s also a fairground to keep the kiddies entertained, plus Routemaster Association and Routemaster 60 merchandise. For the most avid of bus-spotters, a 64 page souvenir brochure will be available featuring information and photographs of many of the vehicles on display.

Enthusiast stalls, including those run by London Transport Museum, Buses Magazine, Bus & Coach Preservation Magazine and LOTS will be exhibiting.

Routemaster 60 takes place 12 and 13 July, 10am-6pm both days. Entry is free.

I went to the vintage bus display in Regent Street a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it so will definitely be at Finsbury Park this weekend.

Michael, it's an impressive line-up. I'm sure hours of effort have gone into bringing some of the examples up to a near-new appearance.

Been looking forward to this for a couple of months now! Hope the weather stays dry if not warm ;-)

Had a great time today - took many photos, and the weather was so much better than we could have expected! Also went on a couple of trips on the X60 ;-) Great day!

Ooh I did enjoy myself wandering around all the old Routemasters - pop over tomorrow if you can.
London Transport Museum have brought along a 1914 open top model you can have a sit in.

Good view from the top of the Ferris wheel ( I can't believe my kids persuaded me to go on it!)

For those who didn't go a few pics posted here.

The Routemaster Association would like to thank everyone for joining in last weekend. We hope you enjoyed it and look forward to staging Routemaster 70 (or maybe even 65 as this will be the 60th anniversary of full services beginning).Next time I will post on here for community groups and individuals to join in. It may have made a very good weekend perfect.

Thanks again

David

Routemaster Association

Too much trouble to have a birthday party every year isn't it? Ah well. :)

I would love to arrange RM61! but we wouldn't get the response for an annual event. Some of these buses came from Scotland, The North of England, Wales, Mine from Chesterfield and also from Germany and Sweden plus a French owned bus that unfortunately missed the ferry.

If we did an annual event it is likely that far fewer would make it and it would become a little diluted. There are of course many bus events throughout the year. Please check our website www.routemaster.org.uk for details as well as bus preservation magazines and other bus websites.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service