Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Reminder - party politicial office held or sought and HoL membership

A reminder to HoL members of the following clause in our house rules:

p. If you hold currently, or have held or sought to hold a political office within the last five years or if your membership is on behalf of a trade or profession which has a direct bearing on your membership, this should be clearly disclosed on your member's page. Reminders of that affiliation should be made when appropriate if you are writing to another member or posting on a discussion. Examples of trades or professions which are relevant in the is context are:-

• an officer of Haringey Council
  • an elected representative (or someone who has stood for election to public office in the last five years)
  • an officer of a political party
  • journalist.

Employees or other representatives of organisations which are the subject of discussions should also declare their interest. (For example an employee of Sainsbury's in a discussion about Sainsbury's).

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Hugh. It's fair to have a statement of this information on the member's page. Transparency is needed.

No problem with this but how to do it? My profile only offers very basic info...

Not always easy, but these things have a way of revealing themselves.....eventually. 

Your comment, Philip, is a helpful reminder for me and others not to make assumptions.

Starting from when I was an elected councillor - (thankfully long past) - I posted a "political declaration" on my personal page. Although who knows or cares? But especially during election campaign times, I think it's entirely reasonable people should be able to quickly check. (And "election/selection/campaign times seem to have become semi-permanent!)

In general I also think it's honest to say something about a person's financial or personal interest. Cui Bono. Or in the current English translation: "skin in the game". 

Thank you for your commitment to fairness, Hugh. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service