Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

From my upstairs office, I spotted a red admiral alight on our solanum and thinking, as the wide mouthed frog said, you don't see many of those around any more, do you, all excited I grabbed this quick snapshot.

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one Hugh.

I saw a Comma in my garden yesterday, though this isn't my photo as I couldn't open the back door without disturbing it. Wonder why red/orange butterflies are so keen on purple flowers!

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I wonder what other lepidopterous spectacles lurk amongst Harringay's pastoral patches.

In Railway Fields, they have a lot of varieties. I saw an orange tip butterfly which looks a little like a large white and then you realise there's flashes of orange around it as it flies. But as is mentioned on another post, I've not seen many large (Cabbage) Whites this year and very few butterflies on the garden - hopefully my blooming buddleia will encourage them

Here is a red admiral that settled right by  a window.  This enabled an unusual picture showing the underside of its wing.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service