Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just recently I've been unable to access any pictures on HoL. When I click on any sort of picture link, I get this error message:-

This site can’t be reached

storage.ning.com took too long to respond.

Is this a problem for other people too?

Views: 1566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like me, Ning can't replicate the problem. To solve it, they need to get a better idea of what's going on. So they're asking of those affected would be kind enough to open up what's called the console screen once the error has appeared and take a screenshot of it and send it to me or attach it to a reply here.

I asked for clear instructions for each type of device. The following link is what they sent:

https://elfsight.com/blog/2020/07/how-to-work-with-developer-console/

I'd be grateful if some of you would be kind enough to see if you can get a shot of the console. I know it's a pan. But it's the only way we're going to get this thing fixed. 

Can anyone help out by taking a screenshot?

I can't attach photos( the screenshots) anymore. His is one of the issues being experienced.

This is the text of Web Browser

CustomizableUI: findWidgetInWindow was passed an empty string. 4 CustomizableUI.jsm:1601
OpenGL compositor Initialized Succesfully.
Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.26.29 310.40.55f01
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M OpenGL Engine
FBO Texture Target: TEXTURE_2D 2

Thanks. Much appreciated. Any chance if the screenshot too?  

For sending screen shots, my HOL email is hugh(at)harringayonline.com

What happens when you try and upload an image?

I can't upload an image. Or change the font or italicise, add links, etc....

The menu with those options, above the reply box has disappeared...!

Not quite the same problem but in the last couple of weeks I’ve found that forum pages don’t display properly for me on Safari on an iMac — they default to basic fonts and the formatting goes haywire. I cleared the cache without improvement, but things do work normally in Firefox on the same machine. Using iOS Safari on my iPad (as I am now) everything’s fine. Am away from the desktop most of the time at present but will take a screenshot when next I log on from that computer.

I always wonder in circs like these if there’s been a software tweak by the ISP or host that has adversely affected some browsers but not others, but I doubt either would admit to it if so (I know mine doesn’t!). As I’ve also had problems with supplementary banners not displaying on my bank’s website, I also wonder if there’s been a tweak to an independent server sending elements that are incorporated into the main site — maybe the ads that run down the right-hand side of HoL pages, for instance, that may not come from the same server as the forum text itself? (My grasp of this is rudimentary, so I may be talking rubbish here....)

Just to say that I also cannot view photos, nor was I able to edit a reply I made recently. Also the "Quick Links" area on home page is blank.I use Google Chrome.
I get the same thing on Safari.
On Chrome and Firefox it looks normal but can't see any pictures - same message as top of post.

Then the other day I was unable to add a comment to a thread I had started.

Something has definitely changed down the line, as previously I have had no such problems.

Thank you Maddy & Jeremy. What’s odd is that it only affects some people. For example, I can’t reproduce the errors no matter how hard I try.

It’s now with the Ning techies in Arizona. 

I'm getting odd problems too Alison from time to time when trying to open some pics.

In fact I couldn't open the water colour pic of Manor House Garden just this morning.

I'll try and open again and forward resulting message onto Hugh.

Thanks for raising issue though, I thought it was down to my incompetence.

I just Googled this issue and found a page that raises the possibility of it being due to browser settings. I'd be grateful if someone could see if it provides a fix.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service