Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The raw sewage leak is worse than ever this evening.

I have emailed the councillors.

Does anyone know what other action can be taken?

Views: 780

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could try Thames Water

0800 316 9800

Thanks! Trying now. On hold for over 15 minutes...

When I received Pete's email I reported the leak to Thames Water via their website. I got a voicemail ten minutes ago saying they were on their way. Please Pete confirm what happens on site. I will also contact the Council's emergency number and will email the senior officer who deals with these sorts of emergencies. 

The emergency out of hours number is 020 8489 0000.

Zena

Zena Branazon

Cllr, Harringay Ward

Thanks Zena.

Thames Water are on site now pumping out what appears to be a blocked sewage pipe drain.

My guess is that the flat upstairs has an outside pipe from their toilet and that the Landlord should be ordered to adhere to building regs and enclose it at least. And Thames to fix the drainage.

It's the third time I know it's happened.

Pretty bad smell around here...

Thanks Pete.

Will let the relevant officers know.

Zena

Zena Brabazon

Cllr Harringay ward

Thames Water fixed the leak/overflow this morning.

Hope the council can follow up with the owner of 633 Green Lanes. 

This is the third time their sewage has flowed across the pavement.

A public health danger.

Great response, Zena. 

Anyone interested in policy on drainage and watercourses in general can join the Haringey Rivers Forum meeting on Monday 19th November 6pm in the Big Green Bookshop.

Attachments:

Yesterday evening (Saturday) there was a fast flowing stream of  foul smelling raw sewage running from 633 Green Lanes across the footpath and into the road, not particularly pleasant for anyone walking past, thankfully I could cross the road to avoid it but if you couldn't you'd be forced to go straight through it!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service