Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Click on the pictures for a slightly larger (and I think more friendly looking) size.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 2134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say ghostly... I still haven't got used to the LED lighting... as my neighbour Maddy put it "it's looks like a spaceship has landed when I look out"....
It is a bit "Close Encounters"

Overkill on the streetlighting. Unnecessarily high, lighting upper floors of buildings. An environmental disaster.  But hey, who cares?

I think they're the new LED ones Stephen so the power consumption should be considerably lower than the old jobbies

You have a point. I hadn't noticed quite how high those lamp posts are. A lightning-speed Google search suggests that British Standards regulate a 6 metre height for unclassified roads, 8 metres for B roads, 10 for A roads and 25 in some cases.  I guess these must be 8 metres.

They're certainly a good bit higher than the one which is directly outside and level with my bedroom window....not sure that's any better...
I think they get turned down after midnight... I'm guessing these pics are before midnight

They were taken at around 9:30pm.

@Michael.. I was more concerned about the light pollution rather than the amount power needed to produce it. I don't think it is healthy to live in environments that have a 24h daylight situation. I wonder if a connection could also be found to increased unsocial activities (not enough darkness..sleep).

@Hugh.. well if it's standard, then not much can be done. However, 6m standards seem to me to be ideal.. not these towering 8m ones. But talking of standards, is there also a standard as to how much light may be produced? As I wrote above, the light pollution looks pretty high here.  Vibration and noise from traffic, as well as living under spotlights.. not my idea of heaven.

Yes of course. Will you be orgasming too ?

I'm not that sort of girl

If that's Wightman, I don't think the street lights have been converted to LED yet.

The LED ones on the Ladder Rungs are much more directional and don't light above the ground floor

(Old ones on top. new below )

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service