Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That's all. The floor is yours.
Someone needs to convince me to vote for them.

Tags for Forum Posts: 2014 elections

Views: 2100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Alison and Simon, thank you very much for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated. Labour ? Feel like being visible at all ?....

Hello Simon,

You've won a vote from me. Thanks for including the tactical PS at the end, it's reassuring that a vote for you has a fighting chance.

From St Ann's Ward Conservatives...

Scott Green lives in the ward with his girlfriend, Melinda. Scott is a graphic designer with a first degree in PPE from Keele and a Masters in International Relations from London University.  He has welcomed the improvements along Green Lanes which have been paid for and carried out by Boris Johnson, the Conservative Mayor of London. He wants to see further work done to upgrade and renew our local infrastructure.

Melinda Koller, originally from Hungary works as a chef. Melinda is also a keen horticulturalist and wants to protect our many green spaces from development and bring back the parks team by cutting down on council waste and bureaucracy.  Melinda has a degree in economics from Karoly Robert University College, Hungary.

Nathan Parsad lives on St Ann's Road. Nathan, at 24, is our youngest councillor candidate and is a graduate of Royal Holloway, University of London and BPP Law School. He enjoys travelling and has just been on an eco-visit to Thailand. If elected, Nathan will press the Council to professionalise Homes for Haringey so that they are swifter and more efficient at carrying out repairs and arranging transfers for council tenants. 

Their election addresses will be delivered to every home across the ward in the next 48 hours. Do look out for it.

Lydia Rivlin, of our candidates in Harringay Ward, has already written HERE why the Conservatives should be given a chance to provide Haringey Labour with decent and effective opposition. 

Hope this helps?

Best wishes.

Justin Hinchcliffe

Conservative Agent (& Candidate for Seven Sisters) 

"the improvements along Green Lanes ... have been paid for and carried out by Boris Johnson, the Conservative Mayor of London"

I know Boris is concerned about London's local environments but I struggle to believe he personally put his hand in his pocket to pay for all that Chinese granite..

Nothing so far from Labour candidates then? do they realise the elections are this week or have they lost the plot?

Can't anyone see that the Labour Party are just making fun of us all?

Lydia Rivlin-Conservative candidate for Harringay ward,

I can't tell you what the current candidates for St. Ann's believe in or will do for local residents.  I haven't a clue. 

I can tell you what were my priorities for St. Ann's at the so-called selection meeting.

First, proactive implementation of our HMO licensing schemes, planning regulations and Article 4 direction to prevent more family homes being turned into HMOs and to send a clear and proactive message to landlords that we will not tolerate slums in our community.  

Improving and investing in enforcement services - including enforcement around waste and dumping, and other key regulatory functions such as food safety and licensing. Proliferation of betting shops, and huge night time economies do need regulating, and the regulatory services are vital in supporting local regeneration and in stopping the general anti-social behaviour which makes many peoples’ lives a misery.  I can take pride with Nilgun Canver and David Browne that we battled successfully to get an extra £300k into the enforcement enforcement budget. 

Building social housing, especially for families, at rents which are truly affordable. This is essential if we are to stop the scandal of temporary accommodation which blights the lives of families and children.  

Enhancing the health services at St. Ann’s and advocating for more primary care for our growing population.  Ensuring the development there was in keeping with the local area and that local people were consulted and engaged. 

Prioritising and improving the quality of home care for our oldest and most vulnerable residents. 

Seeing educational achievement rise further in our local schools and increasing investment levels in early years. 

Resources to protect people from the impact of government policies like the bedroom tax and the benefits cap. I would have campaigned for more money for debt and other key advice services which will be even more vital when the enormous cuts start being implemented over the next few years. 

Working with local residents' groups on their specific issues to secure good outcomes - like the demolition of the pavilion in Chestnuts Park and the final decision on the closure of Warwick Gardens. 

However I wasn't selected for the reasons you all know. The decision is over to you who you vote for.

Zena Brabazon
Cllr, St. Ann's Ward till May 22

Zena's policies

I noticed on another forum a posting from a disabled person telling us that s/he lives in an HMO which appears to have been illegally converted into two flats.  S/he has been occupying the ground floor, with the upstairs neighbours accessing their first floor flat through the living space of the person who wrote in. 

S/he says they are lovely people and I am glad to hear that because life could have been truly hell had there been a troupe of inconsiderate strangers traipsing through at any time of the day or night. 

However, the lack of privacy is the least of it.  My first thoughts when reading that narrative were -- what about the fire risk in such a dwelling?  Maybe I'm making assumptions here but I assume that a disability implies that this contributor is not particularly brisk on his/her feet.  Getting out of a single shared front door would take time, even longer if s/he was being trampled flat by the panicking upstairs neighbours rushing past or over him/her. 

The contributor says that the house is shortly to be upgraded with a partiion wall and separate entrances but how could such a thing happen in the first place?

It is all very well, Zena, saying that you expect "proactive implementation of our HMO licensing schemes, planning regulations and Article 4 direction", but what have you and your colleagues been doing all this time up to now?

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative candidate - Harringay ward.

Is nobody from the Labour Party standing in St Ann's then? The elections are on Thursday...
As good as no one ?

This makes me so angry!  They're just thumbing their noses at us.  

They reckon they have enough robots who will vote Labour anyway.

Well, that's why I'm standing, I suppose.  Please, everyone who is reading this.  Don't let them get away with it.  If they do, they'll have proof they can do anything and they'll be worse than ever.

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative candidate - Harringay ward.

Then why didn't the Conservatives put their big gun in St Ann's? What good can you do in Harringay?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service