Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Petition: Prevent Donald Trump making a state visit to the United Kingdom

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

I would have worded the petition differently along the lines that it is not appropriate for a rascist, mysoginist, liar etc.. to visit the UK.

The petition is already large enough to trigger a discussion in Parliament however the more signatures the better to underline opposition to the policies of this odious man and his like.

Tags for Forum Posts: trump visit

Views: 1209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No 'we' don't.. But neither did her party. That's what I meant. You should perhaps check your facts. I guess the tories have let her take the position on an 'easy come, easy go' basis. And by the way, she was 'offered' the position by the unelected head of state. What a state of affairs.

Bully for you, Knavel.

" Following the resignation of Prime Minister David Cameron on 24 June 2016, May announced her candidacy for the leadership of the Conservative Party and quickly emerged as the front-runner. She won the first and second ballot of Conservative MPs by a significant margin and was due to face a vote of Conservative Party members in a contest with Andrea Leadsom. Leadsom's withdrawal from the election on 11 July led to May's appointment as leader the same day . "

You were saying ?

I was saying that she didn't win the election .. She only  won the primaries.. then Ledson chickened out, knowing like all the rest, she wasn't actually PM material. They hadn't planned for Cameron to quit. They just wanted to cause trouble. Since then she's been trying to learn what a PM really has to do.  Seriously, the only world leader to creep over to see him.. that's how desperate she is for any sort of support.

How are your Lightbulbs going BTW.. ? No doubt you approve of Trump's stance on the environment too.

Ruining the future of coming generations just because of Lightbulbs.. *shakes head in disgust*

My lightbulbs continue to be 100% efficient, thank you, providing both light and heat.

I think May was stupid or ill-advised to meet Trump: her popularity in this country and abroad would have soared had she denounced his attitudes and policies and refused to meet him. She could still regain lost ground by blocking ( if that is constitutionally possible ) the State Visit. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen since the UK is so dependent, and has been since 1945, on American goodwill.

I approve of nothing Trump says or does.

Brexit forced her hand. The Indians remember when we used to kill them and are insisting more immigration is tied to any trade deal with them. Russia is our sworn enemy. . The Canadians have rightly sided with the Europeans. The Chinese have recently been told the queen thought they were most rude and are more immoral than trump will ever be. All of Europe currently hates us because of Brexit.

It's a rock and a hard place for Theresa the appeaser Maybe

Labels.

Labels to make arguments of the "ist" and "phobe" variety did not work too well in the election but you think they are going to work now?

Please provide evidence of the "ist" and "liar" accusations in the original post. I am not aware of it.

In addition, please articulate why you could care less when (1) The KKK was founded as the enforcement arm of the Democrat party, and Hillary Clinton praised a Grand Kleagle, Senatory Robert Byrd; and (2) A US president named William Jefferson Clinton had his hit squad (known as the Bimbo Eruptions Team) that consisted of Hillary Clinton and James Carville ruin the lives of any of Mr Clinton's female rape accusers.  (Carville: "Drag a $100 bill through a trailer park and you never know what you'll find". --Tell me why this isn't misogynist).  And of course Mr Clinton lied under oath regarding his sex abuse and was impeached for it. But, yeah, Trump is the misogynist.

You can get 20 million to sign this petition and it won't make a damn bit of difference--because the public knows what hypocritical irrational people liberals like you are as today's fauxtest funded by Soros and attracting useful idiots demonstrates.

The petition has already made a difference.

Shall I start then? From that rabid, left wing publication, the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-track...

How about protesting against the Saudi regime? or Political Islam? or terrorism? or Female Genital Mutilation? or honour killings? or forced marriages? or domestic & sexual violence? or Sharia Courts? or the real oppression of women around the world?

All far more important issues than concerns about a man you deem to be a 'liar'

Wake up to the real issues.

For dangerous individuals, look no further than George Soros.

James, that's an excellent idea. Clearly those issues mentioned get your goat, and quite rightly in my opinion. I'd like to add racism to the list if that's OK? Anyway why not start a demo against the Saudi regime? or Political Islam? or terrorism? or Female Genital Mutilation? or honour killings? or forced marriages? or domestic & sexual violence? or Sharia Courts? or the real oppression of women around the world?

Post the date and time on HOL I'll try to turn up or at least leave a positive comment...good luck and keep me updated.

James, some of us have been protesting many of the issues on your list for 50 years, have you or Ben?

Protesting against the Saudi regime, FGM, domestic violence etc does not preclude protesting against the misogyny and racism of Trump, it is part and parcel of the same cause.

Maggie, please read my post again. I'm on your side.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service