Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...... three separate people have been though mine and my neighbours bins today .... been noticing this has been on the increase lately in general. Anyone else noticed this ? How can we stop it happening ..? Everyone make sure you don't put any confid docs in your bins !!!!!!

Tags for Forum Posts: theft from dustbins

Views: 2867

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WTF are these scummers doing in my dirty bin anyway? They look well fed to me so don't tell me that are going through our dirty nappies for re-cycled food - load of tosh. The only people I want touching my bin are the refuse collectors. But they might be unfortunate?! i see them with their yellow van at the top of the ladder roads and a few of them go from top to bottom of our roads going through bins and front gardens- all hours. I don't know who I detest more -these opportunist scum, or the wishy-washy do-gooding wet liberal hypocrite tossers with no balls under their skirts(not you Lesley). My fist is so itching for an upper-cut.

Phew, got that off my chest..!

Ha ha an excellent bit of flaming...unless of course you mean it. In which case, be my guest but hit Con and John first, you may have worn yourself out by the time you get to me...

oh god, I hope you mean it!!!!!!!

Oh dear, I pop out to do some shopping at (Toff alert!) Waitrose, and by the time we get home, it's all kicked off, LOL.

I do understand the point of view that some people are really desperate nd have to resort to such activities to get by, and I do feel for anyone in that position. However, by the sound of it these people are more of an organised (criminal) unit, similar to the group of 'beggars and babies' bussed in for the summer to make as much money as possible on the tube.

It's not just the fact that I don't want people 'in my stuff, on my property'', it's also the mess they leave behind. A couple of months go the fat blow us was being cleared out for new tenants. The agents left bagged rubbish in my front garden, awaiting collection the next day. Over night every single bag was ripped open and dirty rubbish was scattered all over the garden.
In the Conserative/LibDem inspired mess we are in at the moment I can completely understand the desperation of some people. If someone wants to find things they can sell that I am chucking out and they knock on my door I will help them find anything that will help them (which actually happened a few months ago when I had a broken sink waiting for collection and a guy rang my bell asking if he could take out the copper pipes)
What I object to is that some people think my front garden is a pop up shop. If I left my front door open while I was bringing in the milk, would that make it ok for them to have a rummage through my house?
And finally, the idea that shouting at someone who is raking around where I live is a hate crime is jaw droppingly stupid and demeans those people who have been the real victims of hate crime.

here here Paul, Annette and Lesley! well said :)

Con, I think it may be just the right time for you and I to re-emigrate to some kindlier, gentler, more peaceful, less territorially obsessed place - like Belfast or Crossmaglen circa 1975, or Aleppo's road to Damascus in August 2012. This padlocked gated dyscommunity is becoming a bit oppressive, don't you think?

Slight over reaction dontcha think?

The community (no 'dys' about it), would probably be a lot gentler and more peaceful if we didn't have to worry about shredding every bleeding letter or form we receive, for fear of some low-life (and yes, I do mean what I said there), stealing them from our rubbish to commit identity theft (which is a pretty shitty thing to go through).

I would love to live in an area (and era) where I can leave my door open all day and happily invite strangers in to my home. But I don't. And neither do you.

And as for 'oppressive'', how's about this for oppressive: I have very very rarely posted on these forums, most of my previous posts have been on uncontroversial subjects such as recommending an electrician. Yesterday I posted about shouting 'Oy, get out of my bin' to a theoretical scavenger (as I haven't actually done any shouting, it's actually pretty rare for me to raise my voice!), and I get called a ''toff' and linked with 'hate crime'.

And then comes your sarky comment suggesting that those of us who don't like the idea of people going through our bins are stuck up, unkind, un-community minded people.

I think I'll go back to lurking and leave the nastiness to the big boys.

Oh, I thought I was speaking to Con. 

As you are fully aware, you posted your sarky comments 'to Con' on a public forum where we all can read them.

I would suggest that if you want to make private comments then you should send a private message, but then of course there would be no point in making sarcastic and antagonistic comments in a private message, would there?!

I'd hate to think that someone felt intimidated enough to take their discussion offline to a more sympathetic ear. OAE does good sarcasm, please appreciate it, hard though it may be when you perceive yourself to be the target (I dont think you were after all the others piled in).

I saw on a recent police tv programme (a great source of info about the law :) ) that people need a license to salvage things from people's waste so if they don't have a license it is an offence....

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service