Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Owners of Proposed Triple Restaurant in former Fairline/Class A Premises Finally Come Clean

The owners of the almost complete new restaurant in the former Fairline/Class A premises have been pretending for the last year or so that their project was anything but a new restaurant. They even had their agent come on HoL to protest their innocence with regard to any such move.

Of course anyone with half a mind didn't believe them for a moment and they've now finally come clean and have applied for retrospective planning permission.

There are very sound grounds for objection to this development given in Haringey's planning policy and one hopes that the Council will make proper and fair use of these in making their planning determination. 

Local objections, particularly those that can be linked to policy are taken into account and do make a difference. Any resident can object. I am attaching a copy of the LCSP's objection which makes clear which policies can be referenced for your objection.

If you'd like to object, or support, the application, you can do so via the planning pages of Haringey's website here, using the "Comment on Application" button towards the bottom of the page. (EDIT: I made a comment essentially just supporting the LCSP's statement in its entirety).

See the tag below for all other related posts.

Tags for Forum Posts: fairline

Views: 15816

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So does anyone know how to flag this to the council and where it will go from here?
I've emailed Emma Williamson director of planning emma.williamson@haringey.gov.uk perhaps if enough of us email her she might take notice...
You can also make an online complaint direct to the Planning Enforcement team (I just have)
https://eforms.secure.haringey.gov.uk/ufs/ufsmain?formid=PE_COMPLAI...

The Evening Standard has picked up on this story and are seeking people or a photo call this evening.

Looks like it made the print.., let's hope some positive action comes of it..

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/residents-say-giant-new-turk...

This has pissed me right off. 

Now that the restaurant is open, is anyone actually using it? Any time I've been past it's been 95% empty, with bored-looking waiters standing around. Admittedly I've missed Friday/Saturday evenings which are traditionally busy nights at Gornteyp, etc, but even in midweek other spots nearby, such as Devran, seem to have more people in them and be doing better. Have we reached peak restaurant in Green Lanes, perhaps?

Peak kebab. Over kebabification has scared off anything else.

If it did Neil it would simply be moving business from one premises to another as the customer base is finite and, as Paul so eloquently puts it, we've reach maximum kebabification. However, the cynic in me actually wonders if they are that bothered about having bums on seats and if this venture is more about having a foothold on The Lanes. If they appeal against the decision to refuse them planning permission and they win, the value of a triple premises with A3 use would be huge.

"If it did Neil it would simply be moving business from one premises to another as the customer base is finite and, as Paul so eloquently puts it, we've reach maximum kebabification."

I have to demur at this statement, even though it is unsurprising particularly on these pages. There is an element of competition among existing clientele to the street, but the market for the cuisine in hardly saturated. I could write a detailed explanation as to why, but just have to ask in short hand that you take my word as someone whose work in part involves growing businesses that are in supposedly saturated markets.

I want a KFC

John D - May I direct you to Chickenways (formerly Zam's) on the corner of GL and Seymour, who I'm sure will be more than happy to provide you with a Bargain Bucket as an alternative to kofte and iskender?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service