Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi

Is anyone having difficulties with parking permit application?

First it does not recognise me as a resident, but that is ok, I can submit evidence. 

But then, after putting in car details, when I go to next step, it comes up with server error.

This has happened repeatedly, and I only have a few days till it runs out.  Should have applied sooner but it has been a busy month.

Thanks

Richard

Tags for Forum Posts: online parking permits, parking, parking permits, virtual parking permits, visitor parking permits

Views: 2939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can use visitor permits for as many consecutive days as you want, you just can’t use more than two visitor permits concurrently (ie no more than 2 visitors at a time). 

That’s it :)

Sorry, have I got this right? With the new online system, we cannot have more than two visitors at a time? So we cannot have a family gathering during the week when family pile into their cars and come from all over the south of England? (No, public transport is just too costly for those numbers!) What if it's a family wake? Marriage? What if? 

I suppose those will be relatively rare occasions. I'd probably ask my neighbours to help out and, of course, be very willing to do the same in return. 

How would the wardens know which household had given out the visitor permits?

Not sure if that matters. All the warden needs to know is whether or not a particular vehicle has a permit or not.As is the case now, if I decide to give my neighbour one of my vouchers, effectively, that's my business.

Makes you wonder if anyone at the council has more than two friends! Mind you, if they never answer the phone....?

I noticed previously that weddings and funerals do seem to have options for free parking.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/parkin...

I can kind of see the sense in not giving out unlimited parking permits but, particularly with the new electronic permits, it seems like the kind of thing that can be monitored, and action taken if required, rather than a blanket two permits and that's your lot.

I'm pretty sure the same rule was in place with the paper permits but obviously no-one really enforced it then.

Theinstruction on the coucil website is that if you have more than two cars that require permits then the other ones have to use hourly permits which seems a bit strange.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-travel/parking/parkin...

All these people with lottsa friends who want to visit them. I'm iealous.

WARNING - SPOILER HINTS.
Please don't read if you want to work out for yourselves the solution to the ingenious perking permit mystery puzzle set by creative Haringey Council.

HINT 1.
The puzzle borrows a teensy bit from the old logic puzzle of the boatwoman who must get a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain across a stream when only one can be carried at one time.
HINT 2.
It also takes inspiration from the classic Isaac Asimov Sci-Fi story where Detective Lije Bailey and Robot R.Daneel Olivaw solve a murder on a colony planet where for health reasons every human must live physically separate from others.

Was it the butler?

Nearly.

Give-up?
Okay,

I know, not as perplexing as the pandemic-perk-up-permit-puzzles set by Haringey Council to keep us amused during Covid 19.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service