Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

New brand identity strategy for Haringey

"I am in"

Discuss.

CDC
Haringey Councillor
Liberal Democrat Party

---

update to mark the 'soft launch' (click to enlarge):—

The £20,000 film, The Haringey Story

Tags for Forum Posts: I am in, Local Government, brand strategy, folly, identity, nonsense, vanity, waste of money

Views: 9396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I CAME across an article in the Financial Times yesterday and reflected on the emptiness of corporate messaging. It's by the FT's marvellous Lucy Kellaway who has for years written about management and the poor use of English.

Is council PR-speak similar to company PR-speak? Is Haringey Council's corporate message ("Are you IN?" etc.) as bad as the recent pep talk from global accounting firm Deloitte?

Deloitte chief’s new year memo is a classic in demotivation  (FT– requires a subscription – or a correct answer to a simple question!)

Ms Kellaway is blunt about Deloitte's Dear Leader's mindless message, including, "Anyone in possession of even a normal IQ would wonder why they were working there"

I'm now waiting for the Council to announce a Haringey Journey Declaration.

Enjoy!

HARINGEY Council has bottled it.

The branding is going wider and deeper than originally thought. Above, the logo is applied to a bright red water bottle. Austerity? We've heard of it. Elsewhere in the Council estate, cuts are made to services.

Find your

balance

with

Healthy Haringey

anything that stops people buying plastic bottles is worth a try.  These are probably for sale anyway.

I agree. I think it's quite smart.
Do you know where we can get one?

I don't Michael, though I understand that you, as a red-logo-fan would want one. They're a quality article, possibly aluminium.

They may be a promotional give-away, perhaps to potential property developers. I was a bit surprised, when I asked in the Full Council meeting, that the Cabinet Member for Economic Development, Social Inclusion and Sustainability, could not explain its provenance.

I'm not any anything logo fan (if you read my previous responses on the design you'll see that). I just want to get hold of a rather smart looking water bottle to encourage me not to keep buying little plastic ones.
By the way, is your objection to the logo itself or that it is red? There are 3 primary colours (red, blue and yellow), 3 secondary colours (green, purple and orange), one tertiary (brown) and black. Do you have a preference?

You'll probably find dozens littering the gutters of Cannes

John the legend says Find your balance, but I was unable to find an updated figure for the balance of logo/re-branding spending over the last half year. I had thought the overall finances weren't particularly Healthy in Haringey-London (AKA Haringey Council).

Cor, you paid over the odds for that Clive. I've found them from £1.50 on line.
Actually, you're right to be annoyed. They're just copying Merton Council (LibDem) who were giving them out as freebies back in 2014.
http://cyp.mertonpartnership.org.uk/september-october-2014/positive...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service