Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The latest on Harringay's street trees:

This is to inform you that 2 trees are being removed shortly within Harringay Ward

These trees are subject to an insurance claim against the council.

OS 57 Wightman Road

OS 86 Falkland Road

Based on the available evidence a claim against the Council is likely to succeed on the balance of probabilities The presence of roots and desiccated soil together with the cyclical movement demonstrated by the monitoring data suggests that the Council's implicated trees are contributing towards the damage. The council has attempted to retain the trees by means of pruning, however this has not prevented the trees from causing further damage.

Views: 762

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Overall housing stock median age, yes, as shown in the map below (you can make out Haringey I hope, sorry it's small but it clicks larger) - I was thinking of the distribution of vulnerable Victorian terraced houses, i.e. those most at risk of tree root damage. Solid red (pre-1900 median age) for the Ladder, Stroud Green and Wood Green.

Source https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/property-build-period-lsoa 

PS The three standout blue (new) areas are West Thamesmead, Canary Wharf, and to the west the Park Royal area - now much less of a trading estate e.g. the Guinness brewery has gone.

Good point, Justin.

In my case a hole was dug and samples taken. I saw it was the tree roots with my own eyes and every professional I've spoken to has said that in 70% of the cases a tree is the cause of any damage.

The issue is more the type of tree and the amount of pruning the council can afford. In addition this especially dry summer has caused a 4x increase in claims.

Interestingly both Haringey Council and my insurance company were both very fast to resolve so I am grateful to both.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service