Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

He represents Tottenham Hale and is a former Mayor of the borough - the make-up of the Council is now:

Views: 756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Justin. Please update us on your 'mysterious woman'. Please invite your candidates to join the site and listen/join in.

With the election coming up, we are hoping to help the democratic process by putting manifestos etc on the site for people to access. We are due to talk about this next week. If anyone has any suggestions about how we can best aid the process, they are welcome to come to the meeting, or add ideas to this thread for us to pick up.
I should add that a manifesto is being drawn up...

Will it have cartoons? I like the Banksy ones. So politically astute.
Banksy will do the cover for us - now wouldn't that be cool?
You're not crowd-sourcing your manifesto on HoL? What would DC say to that?
Agree fully with Liz's recent posts, including her last paragraph re Julie & Justin (now there's a winning ticket to conjure with!) Julie, just because I ironise about Brian doesn't mean I have any reason to rate him. On the other hand if the LDs impose him on his home turf here, and he somehow gets elected, at least we'll know where and how to keep an eye on him - unless he does a Lammy-style flit westwards, of course.

All existing and wannabe councillors know where HOL's at and should know the streets of Harringay Ward at least as well as the 'ordinary' residents who post here and meet in various fora. It's long after time we heard from those who would seek our votes 12 weeks from now - with real policies, not just occasionally hitching a lift on single issue bandwagons. We're about more than speed limits, HMOs or even W1 buses.
Cllr Beynon (LD, Fortis Green) is standing down. I wonder if they will have the guts to stand him - aka Mr CPZ - there?
Eddie, I've been trying to organise a planned use of this site for the upcoming elections + some local hustings. We have a meeting about it next Weds. You're welcome to join us.
Right Hugh - I hope to be there.
Kensington and Chelsea and the City of Westminster councils have been Conservative run for over four decades. In your view Justin, is that a long time for any party to be in power and if so, what are you doing in your party to to challenge this. Would a spell in opposition do the Conservatives no harm at all?
I know what you mean. It probably would.
Justin - that is simply not good enough from a politician. You imply that the fact that Haringey has had a Labour administration since 1964 is in some way wrong but don't apply the same logic to Conservative administrations - even those who produced the likes of Shirley Porter. Your double standards are quite breathtaking and the spiteful posts you have made on this website ("useful idiots") have turned someone, who is a floating voter for the first time in my life, into one who will do ANYTHING to keep the likes of you out. The only politician who has emerged from this unpleasant debate with any dignity is Alan.
I'll take that as a 'no' then, shall I?

No response after 14 minutes (I think that's about how long you gave Alan to respond to a previous post you made)

You've told us about what is wrong with everything about Haringey and the Labour party - but as far as I can see not a word about what you and your "useful idiots" are going to do about it Justin? I've copied the links from your previous posts to Conservative Party central office as I'm sure they will be interested in how you engage the electorate.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service