Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local Harringay ward Councillor James Ryan has resigned. There will be a selection meeting by the Labour Party followed by a far more perfunctory by-election.

Zena Brabazon!!!! Please stand in our ward!

Local Labour Party members, please select Zena!

More details here and here. Expect Council Leader Claire Kober to have an alternative candidate in mind.

Tags for Forum Posts: by-election, democracy, labour, politics

Views: 7943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The particular issue, Justin, applies to "Politically Restricted Posts". It banned the practice of senior staff in one Council serving at the same time as councillors in another. As I recall this used to be known as "twin tracking". There was some criticism that instead of professional staff, they were careerist politicians.

It would have been helpful as well as basic courtesy if a statement had been issued on Mr Ryan's behalf explaining this to Harringay ward residents.  If such a statement was issued then it seems this didn't reach Harringay Online website.

It would have been basic courtesy if Mr Ryan had done ANYTHING for Harringay Ward residents.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this but after the St Ann's debacle (see refs at the top of the page) Nora Mulready has decided that there is enough water under the bridge and is putting herself up for selection. I would like her to refund the generous donors from HarringayOnline the £1500 they spent on my legal fees after she and her husband had me issued with a Police Harassment Notice because I caught them cheating in the St Ann's selection. I've kissed goodbye the £4500 I spent but really, a bit of respect eh Nora? Go peddle your politics somewhere else please.

Selection meeting tomorrow night.

The candidates who have been in contact with me asking for support at the selection meeting on 28th are Khaled Moyeed, Nora Mulready and Gareth Morgan

Apparently Andreas Adamou is standing too.

I'm wrong on this. Andreas and family are backing Nora. Nora has been out doorstepping the local Turkish vote with the Mayor using her old copy of the membership list (so not including the Corbynistas) . I've heard, but can't confirm, that Nora has asked Gareth to step aside so that there's just one "Centre-Left" candidate on the ticket.

Maddening but nobody will confirm that Zena is on the ticket. Can anyone confirm that they have received something from her through their door?

Hi John

I have submitted my application for selection as the Labour candidate for Harringay ward. Of course, who is selected is up to the ward members who attend the meeting tomorrow night. 

The current ward membership list was made available to candidates only yesterday late afternoon and the Tottenham party officials have been quite clear when the 'starting signal' was given. 

Once the starting signal was given, applicants could contact ward members and send them their information. I have been doing this as I am sure everyone has. I understand there are some excellent potential candidates.

All the best

Zena

OK, hey everyone in the Labour Party, please vote for Zena. We don't need any more people who are having their first term as a councillor in Haringey thank you very much. From what I know of her she would also be someone a Corbyn supporter should vote for, whereas Gareth and Nora are not.

Please vote for Zena

There are actually 5 candidates they include Khaled Moyeed and Zuned Ahmed.

Hi Michael

I've resent you my statement as the first try crashed! I've also left you a phone message.

All the best

Zena

Came through second time Zena. Don't know if you're a BT user but I've just got off the phone to them and a lot of people with a BT Yahoo email accounts are having major problems at the moment

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service