Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Is this really the only solution?

Tags for Forum Posts: new recycling bins, veolia

Views: 2682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who take this link of from your facebook side?set the Link on towergardensn17 facebook side! Friedrich TGRG

They should countinue to pick up rubbish every week but provide smaller bins.

I hate these bins! I also think that (despite recyling as much as we can AND encouraging our neighbours to do the same) its a bit ridiculous that we have one black bin for 3 flats and a total of 7 people to be collected every 2 weeks. Surely more thought should have gone into the number of flats/people residing in houses too? Two of the flats have cats how do you recycle cat litter!? I could pretty much build a house with the green bins! Think Ive become a bit obsessed with the subject though im starting to bore my family and friends...

We had the opposite problem- an excess of black bins but only one green.

Phoned Veolia and they were very helpful - you could try and call them to see if they can swap some greens for blacks. They have promised to switch ours around within ten days.

Great idea thanks I'll try that.

I'd be less concerned about the bins if they were even emptied - ours has not now been emptied for over two and a half weeks! Every time I complain to Veolia about this, they say they will send someone round within 24 hours to do it, but it hasn't happened yet. V poor.

NIMFY.

...Not In My Front Yard!

We have two flats in our building. We share a rubbish bin and a recycling bin and a compostable bin. If you don't want you recyclables bin to fill up too fast (they are being collected weekly, by the way) have you thought of crushing the recyclables? Most of it is plastic bottles etc, cans, or cardboard boxes, which can easily be crushed, by stamping on them, for example. Reduces the room the stuff takes up enormously.

The real solution to all this crap piling up for recycling or as rubbish is to reduce packaging. The amount of packaging used 30 or 40 years was a fraction of that used now. Everything is massively overpackaged.

If anyone is generating enough recyclable stuff to fill the standard green-lid bin in a week, they are either living six to a room, or consuming packaged stuff in a crazed manner.

II'm in fever for recycling!But not in fever for Veolia!Why the not ask us before what bins  we wont?For as Couple 1 Child is a 120 ltr bin fine!So I has to go back to them.waste of time and money!

The rectangle recycle boxes? We fill ours each week, easily. Admittedly I do buy a lot of cr@p I don't need but I can't believe we're unusual

But if you are buying "crap" that you don't need, why not just, well, not buy it? Then you would save money, and use that money to buy stuff that you do need? Or save it up for a holiday or a special treat? I'm sure you are not alone in doing this, and I think maybe we all do it from time to time, but it is possible to think "do I really need this?" before spending money on something. Not criticising, just making a suggestion.

'Double Income No Kids Yet' syndrome probably. And you are being a touch patronising.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service