Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was in Yasha around 5:30 or so and a large immigration raid was ongoing, with the shop being closed as shoppers finished up and left while the raid continued. Lots of immigration officers  asking folks for (I imagine) details and papers.

First time I have seen anything like this of this scale here or elsewhere to be honest, 3 van loads of officers involved my wife said when she got home.

Tags for Forum Posts: immigration

Views: 2776

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

An interesting point of view, Xavier. So could you please say more and set out your views a little more fully.
For instance, who is obsessing and what restrictions would you support/ or concern you as going too far?
Thanks.

Thanks Alan, I try to keep my posts as concise as possible to avoid misinterpretation, but I will augment on my previous post. I regard the references and the element of the above as 'obsessive' and emotive in title. I agree with the present restrictions to at least keep the UK as safe as possible from maverick terrorists, like the two names I have previously given, who, although thankfully failed, will cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds for their long incarceration. I have no present concerns for restrictions going 'too far'. I hope this clarifies my post for you, thanks again.

Thanks for explaining Xavier, can't say I disagree, but what do potential terrorists from amongst Iraqi refugees have to do with raiding Yasar Halim (as opposed to say, Tesco)?

Thanks Shariq, very true, but I was merely replying to Alan's post. 

Sure.

Yahyah Farroukh may be a refugee but was released without charge after several days of questioning. There is no proof that he is a " maverick terrorist ".

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service