Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Not only is this offensive and condescending to women, but offensive and discriminatory against men. I spoke to someone who said he was in charge at the shop and was basically laughed at.

Please can every man who reads this ring them and apply for the job? There's also solicitors a few doors up who will help you sue them.

In all seriousness though, this and the leering and catcalling on the Harringay part of Green Lanes must make it the most sexist street in Britain. It's 2015, about time this was stamped out for good.

Views: 7228

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good idea Osbawn. They should be reminded to uphold all of the legal aspects of employing staff. 

Perhaps they could also be encouraged to somehow help tackle this issue of the take away/throw away culture of some of their customers. Plus the noise. Perhaps I'm asking for too much but we could try to make a start? We live cheek by jowl with the restaurants and suffer from the detritus of those who don't give a damn about residents and our streets. 

How on earth is that racist? Asking for polite behaviour and a bit of consideration is now racist?

It doesn't matter what ethnicity people are, anti social behaviour is anti social behaviour and shouldnt we all be trying to do something about that to make this place better for everyone? 

You just replied to yourself but i get the gist of your argument.

Sorry didn't mean to reply to myself… talking to myself is becoming a bad habit but should try to avoid that online. 

I just wish that everytime people on HoL raise issue of anti-social behaviour all sorts they get smacked with being racists, xenophobic etc. 

Whether someone has lived here for 40 years or 40 days, we should be able to raise issues and concerns? There is mysogyny down the Lanes, as elsewhere in the country. Can't we discuss it and think about how we can deal with this? 

Ok perhaps I have been a bit over sensitive - we are all neighbors after all. 

This post sounds kind of racist tbh - may I ask if you have lived here all your life?

You don't have to answer - it has a lot to do with wanting to change existing culture of a given area though (for good or worse).

Yeah, those misogynists from other lands have every right to continue to behave on Green Lanes as they did at home, especially if they've lived here for ten years!

What do yo mean at home? how do yo know they weren't born here and who are you calling misogynists ? everyone - the whole tone of this thread smacks of xenophobia and I sense that yo are "out of towners" - ten years? I have lived here for 40 years and was born and bred mate.

Yeah my pension is decent thanks - stayed in school etc...

Let's not get personal people! Stick to the issue please! 

The Equality Act 2010 replaced previous equality legislation (sex discrimination, racial discrimination acts for instance). There is a good guide to it here.
http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/your-rights
As for enforcement, I think an individual would need to raise a complaint

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service