Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Today (Sunday) was the first of four Wireless festivals/concerts in Finsbury Park. I'm surprised there are no posts about it. Did it affect you? Any feedback (or photos) is being collated by the Friends of Finsbury Park.

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise, wireless festival

Views: 8247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't even realise it was on, no noise at all. Don't know if that's because they've done something to affect the sound carrying or whether its purely a wind direction thing and there's currently a whole load of people who didn't hear a peep out of the Arctic Monkeys last year bemoaning the noise levels this year!

Heard bits of it yesterday evening from my garden on Pemberton, was out all day so I can't comment on anything before about 7pm. Wasn't too bothered by it til it got louder about 9pm and sounded like grunting and slurred dirge into a mic by someone who couldn't speak properly over the top of a heavy bass. Aside from the damage to the park and loss of facility to local residents, the main thing that gets my goat is the utter shite-ness of the acts we have to endure. Can we at least have someone good next year or even some actual music instead of this dross?
Pav, good is what I like, so fingers crossed for Shirley Bassey supported by The Twankies next year.
Well I think you'll love Nikki Minaj next weekend, Michael, she perfectly combines the two ;)
Just watched her "Starships" video and see what you mean, though I think she's chanelling more of a Chuckle Brothers vibe (and of course Dame Shirl would NEVER resort to swearing for dramatic impact)
Agreed, but let's start with some actual musicianship or vocal talent. The Wireless event caters for the 12-16 age group of London teenagers who are too young to go to proper festivals on their own with a string of "artists" whose main appeal seems to be prancing around the stage in their bras or swearing and grunting over a heavy bass. How about something more varied, for all ages and tastes, like a proper music/arts festival?
I like Drake but not keen on Rita Ora, also heard some old school reggae which sounded good. My kids (late teens, young adults) walked up Hermitage road to the park late in the evening, 10 mins from here on Tiverton Rd to stand on the climbing frame and get a free view of Drake and check out the fireworks. They enjoyed it.

It gave me a good chuckle when I saw a queue outside KFC about half an hour before it was due to open.

Getting noise when the wind blows my direction, it's annoying
Yeah, heard another sound check about an hour ago.
Hi all.

Glad to have come across this post. I had a a niggle that I wanted to air regarding the organisers of the event. So usually residents will get a hefty discount on tickets to events like this and sometimes some tickets are available free of charge however when I approached wireless I was angered to find that the discount that they offer is £6.5 which equates to the booking fee. Any thoughts on this?

Yep - scandalous - I hear they were £15 a ticket last year.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service