Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have again asked for some enforcement action by the council against HGVs using Wightman Road and the ladder roads.

I am pleased to say that I have just had an email from the Parking Infrastructure Manager to say that they will be carrying out some enforcement this week between 7am and 8.30am.

Lets hope it starts to send a message to the companies that they lorries belong to.

Tags for Forum Posts: 7.5t, hgv, traffic

Views: 8664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Karen.Much appreciated. The enforcement cameras will deal with non Jewson traffic, but we still have an issue with (a) whether Jewson has a right to use ladder roads (see John's comments above); and (b) their lorries driving too quickly up and down ladder roads.

I posted another message saying I had spoken with The Langham.  Nobody replied.  

Having now tried to find that thread I can't see it so it is quite possible that it didn't post like I thought it had.

However I did also post on this thread a little while ago with no response.

Your other thread is now retagged 7.5t so that it appears with all the other threads on this issue (For those who don't use them, tags, when used, are located beneath each original post).

Thanks

I didn't see that response, what did The Langham say?

I recall at the meeting we took down everyone's email addresses - do we still have these? Perhaps this would be a better way to organise another meeting. Happy to help organise it.

I will come to the meeting!

I'm sorry but I did contact The Langham and they confirmed that they could hold a meeting although they would have to talk to the committee.  I thought I had posted on here but as I said I can't find the post so it obviously didn't post (due to a mistake by me).

Anyway that is irrelevant.  

Lets organise something.  

I know I sent you a msg at the time Daniel offering another venue which would be no problem to organise but, I heard nothing from you. The offer's still there. If you're interested PM me.

John, I know the driver, he is Polish. I will note the reg number this time and take a pic and call the police right away

This needs to be looked at as a wider issue. Paul is right to include Wightman, I have followed a Jewson lorry from the Harringay depot to the one on Tottenham Lane and he was doing over 30mph, let alone the 20mph posted limit.

We need to prove that the area is used as a rat run.  The volume of traffic coming across the ladder East-West and vice versa is totally disproportionate to the size of the roads.  Bear in mind the number of schools in the area and families living amongst all that through traffic, then there might be an argument that a Gardens-style system should be implemented across the area on a health and safety basis.  Just demonstrating the number of people driving through red lights on Wightman Road and Green Lanes should highlight how dangerous it is to be a pedestrian in the area.

Whilst it wouldn't solve the Jewson issue, it would be easier to monitor if they were the only offender.  Will the council listen?  Probably not in the first instance, but with a co-ordinated effort they might have to.

we need to have another meeting!

Indeed , is it true that the HGV limits have been removed for Network rail?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service