Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Clean Up UK and Thames 21 have organised a New River clean up day in Harringay. During the day volunteers will be working on the path from Enfield in the north all the way down to the new Woodberry Wetlands in the south.  

We'll be sprucing up Harringay's New River path between Hampden Road and Wightman Road.  We'll provide the gear, you provide the litter picking power!

The spring clean will be on Saturday 28 May starting at 10:00am.  We'll meet up at the Hampden Road gate, opposite the mosque.  

Can you please let us know if you can make it so we make sure we've got enough protective clothing and litter picking equipment for everyone. Send a private message to Michael Anderson with your email address so we can keep you up to date.

An email has been sent to everyone who responded to the previous post about this, apologies to anyone missed out.

You can find an invitation to put in your diary here

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Liz and Michael

Tags for Forum Posts: new river path

Views: 1165

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Made a mistake with the date D'oh.

Did litter pick end to end in 30 mins.

Think I'll pass on next weekend

Yep I did the same for the New River, Long Lunch, one bin bag, done. Easier with a hand device and less sticky, but I don't have one. Thames water may be on call for fishing out the shopping trolleys.

Hello Michael

I've sent you a connection request. I'm in Stroud Green and I'd like to be part of next Saturday's clean-up for a couple of hours.

Cheers

Sandra

It's my wife's birthday, she'll love it.
Just mid week I eported NY style Metro Grafitti, (on the railway depot embankment wall,) Hampden Rd end of the New River path.

After police noted last report, it was jetted off, brilliant response, hopefully the lastest manifestation will go the same way.

Please count me in,

Jane

Many thanks to those who have said they can help out this Saturday.  If you have sent an email address to me or Liz I'll be writing to you later today.  I imagine that the clean up will take a maximum of two hours, probably a lot less if there is a good turn out.

If you can't make it for the 10:00 start or need to leave early don't worry.  Any time you can give will really help.

The arrangements are

Date - Saturday 28 May

Start Time - 10:00

Starting point - Hampden Road gate opposite the mosque (it's the end of Hampden Road that leads up to Hornsey Station)

Some useful information

• It's best to plan for the worst when you dress to come along so, assume mud and muck
  • We will be clearing the paths and vegetation either side, not pulling rubbish from the river itself
  • We will supply picking equipment and waste receptacles
  • Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult

Any questions please drop me an email

mxanderson@me.com

Weather forecast for this morning - dry with a hint of sunshine. See you at the Hampden Road gate at 10:00.
No new career for you in weather forecasting Michael. Ho ho!
My optimism saw us through Dick!
About a dozen or so full bags collected this morning and the New River path looks pristine.

A huge thank you to the volunteers who turned up and picked for all they were worth and a special thank you to Dick for providing refreshments in his lovely garden.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service