Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi everyone,

Sunday 20 July 2014 will be our last Sunday market day at our current venue, South Harringay School on Mattison Road.
This means that we are looking for another suitable venue in Harringay, and we have 7 weeks left to find one.

We have been open for almost two years, and I'd hate to close the market.
Therefore I am asking everyone's help with looking for a new venue for Harringay Market.

I know most of the local politicians frequently come to the market too, and I hope they can also help us with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jessica

Views: 5423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Third that.

There is a huge playpark for children, including fantastic musical equipment. There's also the possibility of a lot of passing trade from people using the park, especially if the cafe is shut.

If the access road can be closed for a day, the market could go on the road around the community centre and use the community centre facilities.

Potential blockers are the road access above, whether the community centre is required for worship on Sundays (it is a fact universally acknowledged that any building in N15 large enough to hold a congregation will be used for worship at some point each week), and whether the market would lose lucrative Stroud Green clientele. 

The community centre is definitely used for services on Sundays. Quite loud ones

On the other hand, Royal Holloway College has a magnificent campus and it's within a few miles of Heathrow, great for foreign clients. It's a whole hour from Holloway Road, which may or may not also have been invented by Thomas Holloway.

Jessica's Harringay Market no more needs to be in Harringay than Laura's Goblin Market needs to be on the Goblin Line. Think on't.

I wonder if there would be enough space outside The Salisbury in the new piazza area? (It might have to straddle the road) Would certainly be in the heart of Harringay and would seem to fit with the ethos of the regeneration of Green Lanes as a destination foodie and eating place. But not sure how feasible this in terms of council permission etc. Mind you, Exmouth Market manages.

That's a good idea.

Add a stall at all of the 'micro squares' as well as having the main part outside the Salisbury and you've covered Green Lanes with your market.  Your footfall would be massive and give the high street something different.  Win win.

Good luck getting the traders to agree.

The school are building a football pitch similar to the one in the infants. This includes removing all the trees and greenery and the climbing frame. It's going to look very bare I'm afraid. Shame the market is having to move. 

Not all the trees as far as I understand it - they aren't taking down the big plane trees. Bloody hope not anyway!

I imagine there would be a preservation order on it, and they have just pollarded it, so I expect not...

Ducketts Common would be a nice idea. Easy Access and on view for the whole neighborhood. Adds a bit of Artisan to the area... 

This is the same guy who chopped down two huge trees in his carpark early one Easter Sunday morning? Just speak to Justin and get the Pemberton Playstreet done weekly. £80pw. You occupy the middle where the passage is and the kids can take either side.

You could even alternate streets either side of SHS so that neighbours didn't get annoyed.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service