Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay Festival - looking for musicians/bands for the big day!

Hi all, 

The festival organisation is under way for the big street fest 2011. For anyone who wasn't here for the 2009 festival, it was fantastic and attracted about 10,000 people to a car free, stall and music filled Green Lanes! 

We have not one, but two music stages this year and I'm helping to co-ordinate the music. So, I'm looking for local musicians/bands who would like to play. Message me via HOL or to my email mulreadyn@gmail.com if you want to play or if you want to suggest a group for me to contact. Plenty of slots so we'll try and fit as many groups in as possible. 

Please give me this info:

Your name and contact details

Your band name (if you have a band name - don't worry if not.)

What type of music you play

How many in your band

We currently have very small budget so we're looking for people who might be able to play for free if poss. Can cover expenses and a bit of food and drink! 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks

Nora :)

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay festival

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds like a great add to the mix.

Hello Nora

I manage a Moroccan Gnawa band who may be interested to play. They have performed at a wide range of venues and festivals and collaborated with a number of different musicians. You can see them at:

www.myspace.com/gnawaukboujemaabouboul

You can contact me a  Susan

tapalapaworldwide@yahoo.co.uk

Another goodie. We're getting a great mix here. Also a blues band, choirs, rock pop. It's shaping up very nicely!
Pls confirm the date.
thanks
Is it two stages this year Nora?
Sorry - says so in your original post. Do you know how many slots you're looking to fill?
Sounds good.
thanks, Hugh

Hi Nora,

My salsa/merengue/caribbean band COCO XPRESS has been going for 12 years. It is professional, so would require a fee, we performed 2 /3 years ago on the Ducketts Common stage several times at the Tottenham Carnival, last summer’s Noel Park festival, and throughout the UK-wide and internationally. As a 4 or 5 piece it is economical though. It is high-energy, easil accessible dance music with a wide popular appeal, perfect for festivals. We also work with local salsa dancers/teachers, that could even lead a fund dance class from the stage.

All our information is on the website a href="http://www.cocoxpress.co.uk>" target="_blank">www.cocoxpress.co.uk>; with reviews, music, photos etc.

If you think you can use us now or in the future, let me know.
Thanks, Nina (Tottenham resident)

Nora. -

Can we have the Blackdyke Mills Brass Band and the Dagenham Girls Pipe Band ?

( If you don't ask you won't get :-)  )

Failing that there's Hustler, as in " Live at the Old Dairy "

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service