Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just been browsing items on ebay after typing "Harringay" into the search box.

I'm sure someone within our community might be interested in buying this plan that appears to have been used at an auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARRINGAY-ESTATE-PLAN-1885-/180997437715?...

Happy bidding!

Peter

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay house, harringay house map

Views: 1576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I looked at this earlier - I really want it!  Think the Bruce Castle idea is fabulous - put me in for £XX.

And another £XX offered by email.

I'll pitch in £XX

I'm in, £XX!

Just FYI, the current bid's at £103 now...

Hugh, are you going to co-ordinate the ebay bidding?  We just have to have that plan!

Happy for someone else to do it, to do it jointly or do it. It won't be much work. We can auto bid. We're at £XX now.

I think at some point fairly soon we need to tell people to stop pledging their contributions on here and to e-mail/pm you, Hugh, instead - or it will be pretty easy for competing bidders to work out how much they need to bid to out-bid us.

Sound thinking on a knotty issue! That's a good way round it.

To e*ay novices, serious bidding happens in the last thirty seconds, and most people dont show their hand till then, so expect the price to rocket as it ends.

I'd love to know who bids against me for Seven Sisters postcards. Had a crazy splurge this week because I was determined to get this one, e*ay wins every time. I plan to make cards and prints so may eventually get my money back.

I haven't seen this one before.   What a wonderful street scene.  Is the postcard dated?

Put me down for XX towards the plan.

It says posted 1906 so is that at latest. I believe it's passing the stores at Wards Corner but can't figure out the church. I'll have to stand on the road and see what matches. It may be that there were similar buildings where Tescos is now?  I'll clean it up and put a copy on here for the archive.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service