Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

FOUR Wards in Haringey have now declared support for London a National Park City

So far, 58 Wards in London.

CDC
Councillor, Highgate Ward
Liberal Democrat Party

Tags for Forum Posts: national park city

Views: 1018

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great news!

Daniel, thank you for all the work you've put in toward this.

John D - couldn't add to the thread.
That's what I thought when I read the website (all a bit amorphous) an couldn't get what the intention was. But I think Daniel's post helped me. No one has ever done this before so it's impossible to say exactly what it would look like but for once it's a chance to get involved to turn this into something that people want rather than have another ready formed organisation dumped on us.

I don't want to be negative, but all Daniel's explanation says is - it's going to be nicer.

There's nothing wrong with nicer.. (pleasing; agreeable; delightful).. but the idea is to actually make London significantly better. The opportunity is to have an impact on mental health, urban resilience to hazards and many other issues.

Hope it will be nicer! Islington (the whole Borough) looks to have declared en bloc. Coming along nicely.

Thanks Michael - yes, that's 100% right. We are also working to create a form of governance that will allow Londoners and London organisations to shape/steer its ongoing direction too. 

Councillors of Harringay ward have been contacted, with one responding that she supports the idea & will be encouraging the other two to get on board. This is a ground up initiative that deserves support.

Seven Sisters with Council leader Claire Kober has declared their support making 11/19.

Harringay ward councillors have just announced that they will also be supporting this initiative.

Where?

There

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service