Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey police appeal for information after Green Lanes accident

Detectives from the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit (SCIU) are appealing for witnesses following a collision in #GreenLanes #N4 which has left a man seriously injured...

http://news.met.police.uk/news/appeal-following-serious-collision-i... 

Views: 2135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The location is really, really dangerous because of the infrastructure. Nothing is being done about it because it's in Hackney and "they have plans".

Agreed, and dangerous southbound too because of the 'pinch point' from the large and high traffic island close to the bus stop - nearly Wightman Road badness.

As I said, I've chased one of the Hackney councillors over it but got nothing other than "waiting for Seven Sisters decision" and don't forget that they don't want a right hand turn there as it means congestion in Hackney, they're squirting all their northbound (but potentially eastbound) traffic into Haringey.

Also, because it's at the top of a hill for Green Lanes... it really needs some work. Even pedestrians crossing on Green are at risk IMHO.

Can you think of anything else I can do? Joanne McCartney perhaps?

It appears that the pinch point was added to protect motorcyclists after a number of incidents there with motorbikes filtering down the middle of the road. Like much of the infrastructure though it isn't really thought out and attempts to solve a wider problem by local infrastructure.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think it's right that you declare your position within the Metropolitan Police at the bottom of your postings Christina.

The only remarkable aspect of this request is that it occurs within a few weeks of the incident. Usually, these requests come months after the fact. Months after anyone with a modicum of commonsense or decency would already have contacted the Police. I'm not sure how disclosure of Met Police association helps or hinders. 

But so that I don't fall foul of the trolls, I must disclose that I have contacts within the FSB, and have been active in the attempted downfall of the government in the UK. I support Brexit and drive a diesel car.

The police used to do their own requests on here. They may have thought they were getting too chummy with us.

Oh, I doubt that... probably just ran out of time to do it esp as each SNT is now on Twitter anyway.

This press release was on the main Haringey Police Twitter feed which anyone can see/follow so I just cut and pasted it onto here as it was local to HOLers. I saw someone else did the same with the appeal for Iuliana Todos. It just makes sense if it concerns the local area to us as someone may genuinely know something. But sure, no probs - I will put at the top that I am a police volunteer if I repost any more, but they will always be things that are available to absolutely everyone, not specially to me as a volunteer. 

Christina, the interaction Jono and Glynn had with the local community on HoL was very special and engaged in a very human way that's very different from the current way most organisations use social media today. 

Research done in 2010 as part of a project for London Councils showed almost half of those who used HoL back then felt significantly more positive about the police as a result of these interactions. 

Hugh, I absolutely get it, trust me. I work in social media and I know how it goes with almost every organisation on the planet and their employees on social media. Sooner or later every single entity wants to streamline what they do on social platforms, standardise it, and yes, make sure the people representing them don't act out of line too. With regards to Haringey Police, every ward now has a Twitter feed - Harringay included - and ward officers receive training in how to use it. I would urge anyone to follow @MPSHarringay and just see how they find it, I think it's quite good at showing what the local ward officers are up to on a daily basis. If there were no Twitter or Facebook feeds which need to be populated then very localised interaction on a forum like HOL would be just the thing but doing all three of those properly takes time. But I totally see that when you had a good thing going it's sad to see it go. 

Glynn and Sgt Jono were told by the powers that be to back off on HoL - in fact Jono went so far as to delete his account along with all his valuable contributions.  They were both well ahead of their time in their use of social media, but as soon as the police got their head around it they wanted to have control over how employees use social media. 

Glynn's original account from 2008 is still live but it's been renamed as an SNT one. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service