Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Government Petition Website: EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

Views: 4525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...repercussions even.

Really interesting analysis and I hope Teebs is right. However, the slim chance of this whole situation being sorted by 'someone [who has] the guts' does not fill me with hope given the current state of affairs.

Here's an interesting article on the LSE blog by Université Laval in Québec academic Ece Özlem Atikcan about the second referendums in Denmark and Ireland after first referendums delivered 'the wrong result' on EU-related issues. 

Asking the public twice: why do voters change their minds in second referendums

The vox article is quite a useful summary. Three options for stopping an exit with I think the Scottish question being the most likely. 

Update - Sturgeon reported on beeb as having realised this very point. She must be in touch with Cameron. Reckon they will do a deal to scupper exit.

Yep, this latest Sturgeon news is certainly interesting...

The only 'deal' Sturgeon would be interested in would be one involving a guaranteed independence referendum-on the date of her choice!

If Scotland goes it takes with it its current 600,000+ Remain majority. Brexit's lead in 'England' was over 2 million.

But this whole thread has turned into an exercise in wish-fulfilment!

Sure, but she'll be calling that anyway, one assumes?

But this whole thread has turned into an exercise in wish-fulfilment!

Isn't that what politics is about? It's certainly nothing to pour scorn on.

As it stands, the #leave side need to find someone to push the §50 button. Cameron has said he won't do it.  Boris put off the decision to go and play golf with some relations of the royals.

Added to which, Labour Party MPs are not sure they want Corbyn as leader and will hold a vote of confidence this week.

The #Brexit snowball has started rolling, how large it will get and who will be flattened by it or what the outcome will be when it stops, we don't know yet.

and lastly,  the #leave MP for Broxbourne  said the petition stands no chance and berated the BBC, as a public service broadcaster, for even reporting it.

Well, you have to do something to make the hours pass in Broxbourne
That's awful. That Polish centre has been in Hammersmith for decades. I had school friends who worked there.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service