Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A peaceful march has been organised for Saturday 2nd August at 2pm, starting out from Ducketts Common opposite Turnpike Lane Tube station and ending with a rally opposite the Haringey Civic Centre in Wood Green High Road.

Keith Flett, secretary of the Haringey TUC trade union said: “This is about human rights, it is about justice, it is about stopping the killing of civilians, including children.

“There is a significant anger in the borough about what is happening in Gaza and we want to see that turned into something practical- collecting for and sending medical aid.”

Views: 1721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very sad to see the 72-hour ceasefire broken by rocket fire from Gaza

Very sad to see so many innocent people being killed in Gaza.

Agreed. But they wouldn't be if Hamas respected the agreed ceasefires ( 5 so far that they have rejected or broken )

In Ireland we call your stile of politicks as whataboutery. Yes such and such is bad but what about the other side. 

I would rather hear why you think Hamas have rejected or broken these five ceasefires. Come on John - give us some analysis! That might open up the debate a little.

You call it whataboutery. I call it cause and effect.

Complete and utter nonsense. Gaza is being invaded by one of the most powerful armies in the world. Please don't try to make excuses for this monstrosity of Israel. Almost 2000 Palestinians have been murdered. There is not and never has been, any justification for Israels actions. They, with the complicity of the western media and governments have painted the Palestinians as terrorists when nothing could be further from the truth. Israel intends to settle all of Palestine and kill or remove all its indigenous population. Netanyahu has stated that there will never be a Palestinian state. The Likud Party manifesto declares that they will make all of Palestine into a greater Israel. What are Palestinians to do? What would YOU do? 

I don't remember any instances of Israelis sending women and children into Gaza as human bombs. I don't remember any instances of Israelis car bombing buses and markets full of Palestinian civilians.

Of course Hamas is a terrorist organisation.

What do you expect Israel to do ? Sit back and not retaliate ?

But of course this is what Con would term whataboutery.

How would you stop Hamas firing rockets at random into civilian areas ?

And do you REALLY think the Western media are on the side of Israel ?

THAT is complete and utter nonsense, if you like.

Are you denying that Israel terrorised thousands of Palestinians off their land to create Israel? Are you denying that they hold the West Bank and the Golan Heights illegally and against international law. Do you agree that the theft of Palestinian land, the building of settlements, the destruction of Palestinian homes, the destruction of 1000s of olive trees, the despoliation of Palestinian water with sewage from settlements, and the setting up of companies which exploit and profit from stolen land are all against international law and the laws governing military occupation. Do you agree that Israel has illegally blockaded Gaza, creating crisis after crisis for its refugee population. Why do you think Palestinians have been prepared to blow themselves up  a desperate attempt to fight back. I ask you again. What would you do if you were a Palestinian, a stranger in your own land, subject to land grabs, evictions, forced off the main roads, with a giant wall separating you from work and family?

To go back onto another thread Philip, how many people did you see at the Mosque meeting on Thursday wearing black hats, ringlets and white stockings ?

John, why don't you follow your own suggestion on this thread 15 hours ago, viz. "While people obviously feel strongly about the Israeli / Palestinian conflicts, maybe HOL is not the place to argue about them." Re the above one of the four speakers at Thursday's meeting was from Jews for Justice for Palestinians but like, the majority of the world's Jews, she did not follow the dress of the ultra-Orthodox.

Many orthodox Jews do not support Israel and if you went on any on the massive demo, they were there too, in their hundreds decrying the state of Israel and supporting the Palestinians.

My mum used to bare both her knees and elbows AND showed her hair to men who were not her husband. We're a bit sneaky that way and enjoy the element of surprise!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service